Which food would you pick? | Page 3

Discussion in 'Goldfish' started by yasha, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +9
    Experience:
    3 years
    Well if I was a hungry goldfish I'd eat everything I could fit my mouth on lol... But yea I think they're not omnivores in the sense that they eat meat as in animal protein or muscle protein? I don't know lol.

2. LeoDiaz

LeoDiazFishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +83
    Experience:
    4 years
    They will eat fish if small enough to catch ans slow enough. Guppies should be mixed in with goldfish becuase goldfish are coldwater and guppies are tropical. There not much i will recommend putting in goldfish tank... Also goldfish in wild are like vacuum eating any bug and plant thats gets in there way so thats why they are consider omnivores. If had to choose what side the lean more too i will say bugs/worms.

3. Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +9
    Experience:
    3 years
    She was talking about putting in feeder guppies I think...

4. LeoDiaz

Ratings:
    +83
    Experience:
    4 years
    There not carnivores that will need to have some life feeder fish. When is the last time you heard someone say i need 3 guppies to feed to my goldfish,lol.

5. Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +9
    Experience:
    3 years
    Lol then they're not really carnivorous omnivores... More on the herbivore side.

Speaking of feeder fish, I want to own a Dovii one day...

6. LeoDiaz

Ratings:
    +83
    Experience:
    4 years
    There omnivores they eat watever they want there not picky. About that dovii is another story he might end up trying to eat you lol.

7. LiterallyHydro

LiterallyHydroWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +18
    Experience:
    4 years
    I'd be afraid to even put my hand in the tank with an angry Dovii.. ;D

8. Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +9
    Experience:
    3 years
    Lol I said want but it probably won't happen... Plus the wife says I'm not allowed to have any fish that requires live fish as a diet... She thinks it's animal cruelty and I kinda have to agree.

9. LeoDiaz

Ratings:
    +83
    Experience:
    4 years
    Lets stop while we are ahead before a mod comes lol... About that goldfish food what are you going to end up getting?

10. OP
    OP
    yasha

yashaWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +50
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    Yea I was useing the guppy as the only small fish I could think of just as a example. I think omnivores more as a fish that chases and eats other fish as well as plants not just bugs that may just happen to be on there plant even. meaning is some cases even herbivores may play a omnivore at times if there happens to be a bug on a leaf . Not my thinking of a omnivore but i guess it is just a scale.
    herbivore to
    herbivore-omnivore to
    omnivore to
    omnivore-carnivore to
    carnivore
    and my mind doesn't like seeing the 2nd one for some reason lol.

11. Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +9
    Experience:
    3 years
    Hahaha same I don't know how long opened fish food will last so I just buy the 5-8 oz sizes even if bulk buys are cheaper. With dog food I NEED to go with the biggest bag though lol.

12. LeoDiaz

Ratings:
    +83
    Experience:
    4 years
    Even with the omnivore formula your goldie will be getting the best of both worlds plants and proteins. I just have 3 types ik herbivore, omni and carni. I dont used the middle of two. Ask my mbunas there supposely herbivores but throw in some small fish and they dont hesitate to eat it. Is a fish eat fish world.

13. OP
    OP
    yasha

Ratings:
    +50
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    Thinking omega and NLS as one is more plant and one more fish tho its more bugs then fish they like to eat more fish in a pellet will still give them the bit of meat they would need right? Then I'll see about trying the other food as it looks really good. Just thinking for now omega and NLS would be easier to get my hands one really do have to see if the store I want to get them from already has them or would have to order them.

Cobalt if that's all the supply store has till I can order omega and NLS
    Omega and NLS if the supply store has them till I get a little more money in the bank and order Paradigm.
    That's my thinking anyway Paradigm seems best but hoping the store has at least a small thing of omega and NLS for a few weeks-month.
    Really would like to try the Paradigm.

14. LeoDiaz

Ratings:
    +83
    Experience:
    4 years
    You could do that till you can get paradigm. Ive used nls before and will take paradigm over it and any other food any day. Your fish are just so healthy and colorful with paradigm.

15. OP
    OP
    yasha

Ratings:
    +50
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    Yea with the Paradigm I would most likely go with the 8oz to try it and see.
    With my dogs food we normally get the biggest bag we can but now and then don't have that much money so spend more money in the long run to not spend as much at one time (AKA get the mid bag).

16. Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +9
    Experience:
    3 years
    Lol but best value is the big bag esp when you have to feed a 90 lb high energy dog...

17. OP
    OP
    yasha

Ratings:
    +50
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    My mom buys a lot of my pets stuff for me still and she likes to get stuff at the store. She hates online so.. I also get my money the 1st of the month and for now don't really have any so she'll most likely be the one getting me some food for them for the time being. Almost anything is better then the flakes I have atm.

I have two aussie's one is a mix there 45lb to right around 50lb. They eat diamond naturals grain free beef and sweet potato. Not the best food but one of the better ones still $34 for a 28lb

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2015
  18. LeoDiaz

Ratings:
    +83
    Experience:
    4 years
    I have it easy/hard with my small dog when we got her she would eat anything put ppl food so she gets all kinds of food and is acts alot like human. Recarnation... Lol.

19. Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +9
    Experience:
    3 years
    I have an Aussie also, purebred had since she was just 8 weeks old.. We feed our dogs the Merrick grain free, different flavor with every other bag. So I want to feed my fish the best too, it's worth it and it only costs a few dollars more, for both dog and fish food.

20. LeoDiaz

Ratings:
    +83
    Experience:
    4 years
    So your getting yourself some paradigm fish food too? ;)

Become a Fishlore Member