Help Which flourish to get?

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm taking the next step, as I've managed to keep a plant alive for about a year now . I was looking at getting some flourish.... any suggestions?

Nate McFin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Are your plants showing deficiency? Have algae? If not....if ain't broke dont fix it... lol

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Are your plants showing deficiency? Have algae? If not....if ain't broke dont fix it... lol
I split the plant and have each half in my betta tanks. I think it's indian fern or something like that. I know NOTHING about plants. I figured a little liquid help would be good. It's growing i guess.

There's mts that clean the leaves, but no aglae other than that. No signs of deficiency that I can tell...

Nate McFin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
No need for fertilizing then I would say. If you did add ferts it may upset the balance and let algae take over. If things arent working or you decide to add more plant mass then go for it, but otherwise I would let things go. I hate inviting trouble it always seems so accomodating...lol

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
No need for fertilizing then I would say. If you did add ferts it may upset the balance and let algae take over. If things arent working or you decide to add more plant mass then go for it, but otherwise I would let things go. I hate inviting trouble it always seems so accomodating...lol
Thanks, that's what I was looking for.

brokenwing

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
jaysee i supplement my plants with seachem floursih. It has really helped my crypts. I see no affects on the fish, and no algea has produced since adding it.

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Excellent advice from Nate. If you add more plants you might end up needing to add ferts but like he said, "if it ain't broke".....

Brokenwing, Seachem Flourish is just the brand name & product range name. There's everything from root tabs, to individual trace elements to first layer laterite all under the Seachem Flourish heading. Seachem Flourish Comprehensive, Seachem Flourish Iron, Seachem Flourish Iron, etc, etc.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom