which fish....

emm

I'm almost ready to start getting new fish for my tank. I was thinking about angelfish but heard their hard to keep and sometimes shouldn't be in a community tank. I'm thinking about 5 or 6 neon tetras... or maybe 3 guppies. Is that too much to put in a ten gallon tank with 3 zebra danios and a cory catfish? Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks!

Isabella

Angelfish are not hard to keep at all, unless your nitrate is sky-high, pH is totally out of range, and you have ammonia and nitrite present in your water ... heh But if you're familiar with the cycle, you probably have water good enough for angelfish Besides, they can be kept in a community tank, only it's best to have 2 angels per one tank, so that in case they are a mated pair, they won't bully any other fish in the tank that are of similar size to the angels. My angels breed all the time and they don't mind my neons at all.

Anyway, a 10 gallon tank is too small for angelfish (I'd recommend at least a 30 gallon tank for angels). But there are many other small and beautiful fish species good for a 10 gallon tank Six neon tetras would be very good for a 10 gallon tank. I don't know much about guppies, but if they're not schooling/shoaling species, 3 guppies would be OK as well. So, I think adding 5 - 6 neons, or 3 guppies, to a 10 gallon tank with 3 zebra danios and 1 cory, would be OK. By the way, how large is the cory?

emm

thanks!
by the way, the cory is is pretty small, anout an inch and a half long.... they don't grow too much.... do they?

Tumbleweed

the corys get to about 2-2.5 inches

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom