Which fish to start with?

riley

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have had a 29 gallon tank up and running for about 3 weeks, and it has just fully cycled, and I am thrilled!

So I am now ready to add some fish! I would like to have all of the following in my tank (plus more):

+3-4 Corys
+Angelfish (is one better than two?)
+6-7 Neon Tetras

What else can I add? Something that would add diversity to my tank? Which ones are the hardiest and should i add in first?

JMatt1983

Valued Member
Reaction score
i would be careful with the angels and the neons, the angels might find them to be a tasty snack, you could try for a larger tetra though, as for the angels, you should buy 5 or 6, wait til two of them pair off, then return the rest, some dwarf gouramis might add that bit a colour that you're looking for, they come in 2 or 3 colour variations, but all are very nice looking

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Angels are better off kept in pairs, although aside from that I don't know much about them.
I second that Angels & Neons are a risky pairing...the Neons might become lunch. I would strongly recommend trying a larger type of tetra such as Cardinals. After that you are quite full although you probably have a little room if you wanted to add a few Otos to keep the algae down. They're great little fish.

55james55

Reaction score
yea i think angel fish will go for the neons but if ya keep both fishes seperate that should do the trick

cheers james

JMatt1983

Valued Member
Reaction score
almost impossible to keep separate unless using a tank divider, if you're absolutely set on having neons and angels, i would suggest a densly planted tank with LOTS of hiding places for the neons

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom