Which fish is this ??? Question

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by rohitsingh_81, Apr 16, 2010.

1. rohitsingh_81Valued MemberMember

Hi,

Please help me identify.....which fish is this ??

Attached Files:

2. midthoughtWell Known MemberMember

Edit: my first thought was a bleeding heart tetra, or Hyphessobrycon erythrostigma but I guess the red coloration is misplaced for that... :;fim

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  3. harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

4. allibobsWell Known MemberMember

Flame tetra, I have just one of these that was given to me very recently

5. navyscubaWell Known MemberMember

+2 on the Pristella.

6. ElodeaWell Known MemberMember

I have the exact same one: attached is a photo of it.

According to my fellow FL members, it's a gold Pristella tetra, apparently distiguishable by the gold-yellowish coloring on its dorsal fin.

Petsmart sold it to me as "Blushing pink-bellied X-ray tetra"...and I thought that common names were supposed to be shorter than scientific names...

Attached Files:

7. midthoughtWell Known MemberMember

That fish looks like it came straight out of Resident Evil: Umbrella Corp. Goes Aquatic.

8. ElodeaWell Known MemberMember

Hehe, it's kinda interesting how you can look into it's stomach and see what's it been eating (unlike some other transparent fish). When he ate flakes, his stomach contents were beige-colored, after he had bloodworms, his stomach was mahogany...

The coolest was when he ate live mosquito larvae I was feeding my fish, you could see the little gray worm get snapped up and suddenly a gray blob would slip into his see-through stomach. After every mosquito larva, the blob would get bigger (apparently the larvae were compressed together), so I could almost keep track how much he's been eating.

9. midthoughtWell Known MemberMember

For some values of "cool"... >.<

I for one don't want to see anyone's digestive system at work.

10. harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

Dude... gross! :;tmi

ROFL

11. ElodeaWell Known MemberMember

C'mon, it'll revolutionize knowledge of the ichthyoid digestive system!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice