Question Which fish is this ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elodea

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I have the exact same one: attached is a photo of it.

According to my fellow FL members, it's a gold Pristella tetra, apparently distiguishable by the gold-yellowish coloring on its dorsal fin.

Petsmart sold it to me as "Blushing pink-bellied X-ray tetra"...and I thought that common names were supposed to be shorter than scientific names...

Attachments

Elodea

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hehe, it's kinda interesting how you can look into it's stomach and see what's it been eating (unlike some other transparent fish). When he ate flakes, his stomach contents were beige-colored, after he had bloodworms, his stomach was mahogany...

The coolest was when he ate live mosquito larvae I was feeding my fish, you could see the little gray worm get snapped up and suddenly a gray blob would slip into his see-through stomach. After every mosquito larva, the blob would get bigger (apparently the larvae were compressed together), so I could almost keep track how much he's been eating.

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hehe, it's kinda interesting how you can look into it's stomach and see what's it been eating (unlike some other transparent fish). When he ate flakes, his stomach contents were beige-colored, after he had bloodworms, his stomach was mahogany...

The coolest was when he ate live mosquito larvae I was feeding my fish, you could see the little gray worm get snapped up and suddenly a gray blob would slip into his see-through stomach. After every mosquito larva, the blob would get bigger (apparently the larvae were compressed together), so I could almost keep track how much he's been eating.
Dude... gross!

ROFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom