which fish is for me?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Crysisfreak7, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Crysisfreak7New MemberMember

I am looking to make a list of fish for my tank when the current ones die, they are very old and they may die soon. But the list i have constructed is as such: one marble anglefish, two german blue rams, two blue gouramis. please list which of these fish are more intelligent, active, and clean, and which of these fish are bigger, more aggressive and need more oxygen. the characteristics of these fish will help me make my decision.

2. Crissandra331

Crissandra331Valued MemberMember

I'm a pretty big fan of Angelfish well all cichlids for that matter as they are very curious and a many people claim they can recognize their owners

I however haven't had the best of luck with blue gouramis, of all the gouramis I had i'd say these were a bit more feistier and more territorial, than others in the trichogaster family. As you know the Gouramis have the labyrinth lung and would probably adjust to low oxygen levels, but in contrast of the rams, they require very clean, aged aquarium water.

I think Angelfish & Blue Gouramis have similar life span, unsure of Rams. I've heard of people having a hard time finding decent stock, I've also heard of people getting them wild. Usually people wait till they are a little more experienced before they attempt rams.

Are you wanting to put all 3 in the tank?
    What size tank?
    It also says that you just started and you don't yet know of the Nitrogen Cycle?

Did you inherit/adopt your current fish? Or are they seasonal...? Not understanding how you just started but your fish are dieing of old age?

3. bowen747xValued MemberMember

more info would make giving advice a lot easier, we don't even know your tank size, your ph, temperature, substrate, plants? we know nothing :;dete also your profile says you do not know about the nitrogen cycle?? what really seems odd is why are you planning on having your fish die off soon?

4. Andrew Sackett

Andrew SackettValued MemberMember

I love angelfish, they are my favorite fish I have. I've only had mines for about three months and I can already hand feed them but every angelfish is different, none of my angelfish bother other species of fish in my tank but they get a little aggressive towards each other and even more aggressive if two pair up.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

5. delta5

delta5Well Known MemberMember

I maybe a little bias but if your tap warrants them and you have a 29g, Electric yellow lab cichlids. They are not afraid to turn sideways and wiggle into tight spots. They'll even make their way through thick plants. Not to mention watching them dig is so cute.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice