Which fertilizers to use for crypts?

rubysword

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Heyo! SO I'm setting up a 3.5 gallon invert tank and am trying to decide what to plant it with. Right now I'm thinkinr some red ludwigia in the background, some bucephalandra on the driftwood and hardscape(if I get any), some crypts in the midground, and... something in the foreground XD. I'm wondering what the best root tab product would be for the crypts? I'm using fluval plant and shrimp stratum. I'm going to use seachem excel and greenleaf aquarium's EI dry fert kit.

Lifewithpets

Reaction score
I would agree, they do very well in Fluval stratum with no fertilizer. I have several tanks with them in and don’t use anything.

OP
rubysword

rubysword

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Ok, thank you guys!

John58ford

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Of all the plants I have tried, crypts have always performed the best for me. I'm a "self sustaining" oriented person and I have found great success covering up to 1/3 of my tank bottoms with cryt wendtiI tropica using nothing but patience and fish poo. I do use allot more light than is commonly recommended. 10 hour cycle of moderate-high full spectrum lighting; about 66 Watts of LED per 20 gallon long/3-4 Watts per gallon, or about 3,000 lumen/100 lumen per inch of width. About 16-18 inches above the substrate. In addition during this cycle and an hour before and after I run about 12 Watts of RGB LEDs bringing my full spectrum temperature to about 6200K and my twilight spectrum up near 10000K.

New Threads