Which Easy Fishes I Can Add In My Tank?

peterphonic

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hello!

My cycling is going well and soon I'll be ready to add some fishes in my tank! I already created a list of potential fishes, available to my store, in an excel file. I'd like to have advice about good fit.

Water spec:
ph : 7.6 (this is worrying me a bit. May be a little bit high)

Tank spec :
Aquarium Capacity: 23 US Gal.
Aquarium Size : 30” x 12” x 18”
Filter Capacity: 20-50 US Gal.
Filter Pump Output: 200 US Gal./h

Plants :
Picture of my tank (be indulgent please, it is first experience! )
2018-05-18 08.06.41.jpg

In my list of potential fishes, you'll see two lines per fishes. I got information on two different websites about ph. The ph information from the store are far less wide, this is why my 7.6 is worrying me. I would like to have some amano shrimp as well if possible.

(taille = size, in centimeter. Temp is in Celsius)
choixPoissons.png

Thank you!

Mick Frost

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Killies and Tetra are iffy together, Tetras don't move fast enough to not get nibbled on. Neither do the Longfin Danios. Pretty sure that Rasbora would meet the same fate.
Rams are pretty peaceful, but they may get defensive if the bottom is crowded with Corys and Loaches.
Barbs are pretty nippy as well.

maggie thecat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
In that size tank I would suggest a dozen neon tetra or other similar size tetra or danio plus six cory from the same temperature range.

The pH is less of an issue than you think. Commercially farmed fiah are able to adapt to a wider range than their wild parameters.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom