Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Brackish

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Tom
For what? Do we prefer? or have?
Tom

luna
Because it's all I can manage right now, I prefer freshwater...that doesn't mean I wouldn't end up liking saltwater or brackish more when I'm more experienced and have the time, money, space, and knowledge to expand into MTS.

Tayful
I've never had a saltwater tank, and Saltwater fish are absolutely stunning, but all I know is freshwater at the moment and I love it. I'd like to expand in the future to have all kinds of tanks, but at the moment I'm a freshwater person.

Neville
LionFish is one of my Favorite Saltwater fish, if I ever buy a Saltwater Tank I'll import one from Thailand, we don't have it in Bangladesh

Narcicius
Freshwater, salt just cost way to much for me at the moment. I'm glad I had the money to purchase what I did. Saltwater is definitely a possibility in the future though.

Shawnie
I adore the saltwater colors but I'm intimidated by the amount of work ....someday maybe

Neville
Hey Guys, if u r near coastal areas, u can use natural sea water! my house is 20 minutes from the beach! but Saltwater Fish is very rare in our country!

Tom
I like Saltwater better then Freshwater due to the color of the fish and coral. I even prefer keeping Saltwater to FW.
Tom

tan.b
I voted saltwater as that is what facinates me to watch. they are just stunning. I would love one. however, I prefer to keep f/water. the s/water just scares me with the amount of money, time and expertise required! I'll just remain envious of everyone elses!

FishKing
Freshwater all day!!

Neville
I voted saltwater as that is what facinates me to watch. they are just stunning. I would love one. however, I prefer to keep f/water. the s/water just scares me with the amount of money, time and expertise required! I'll just remain envious of everyone elses!

I think The Coral or reef Tanks r expensive and need a lot of work, normal Saltwater isn't that hard to keep but that's my opinion.

Allie
I prefer freshwater. To me it looks more natural. Saltwater tanks look fake to me, even tho we had a 30 gallon Saltwater going for a bit, I hardly noticed it. Our clown fish pair were hiding all the time (they bred the day we sold them)
I just like the look of plants better.

Blub
Hi!

Yeah Allie - I can't imagain a 'life before aquatic plants'!

Bede
I voted freshwater 'cause that's what we started with and have the most of.

I was never all that impressed with saltwater but DH and the boys got a 90 gallon set up a couple of weeks ago and I must admit, its a beautiful tank. BUT I am not involved in any of the work with it. I just sit and admire.

Coryd55
Freshwater is amazing I think. I would have it any day over saltawter. I guess since I have grown up around creeks, lakes, and stuf like that. It is just neat to have a part of what seems like local nature in your tank.

Dont get me wrong I like saltwater but freshwater is just so fascinating to me...

Blub
I voted freshwater 'cause that's what we started with and have the most of.

I was never all that impressed with saltwater but DH and the boys got a 90 gallon set up a couple of weeks ago and I must admit, its a beautiful tank. BUT I am not involved in any of the work with it. I just sit and admire.

I really don't like SW. I even prefer the colours of Freshwater - just take a look at a male Betta - that's more colour than an entire reef tank! I prefer all the sheens and all on Freshwater fish to the solid colours of SW.

slakey
Freshwater all the way. I currently have one tank set up as 125L, and I'm setting another Freshwater tank up 300L.

People thinking of upgrading to saltwater in the future, think about MalawI Cichlids etc first, basically the same bright colours and cheaper

After you've tried them then go onto SW

Bede
People thinking of upgrading to saltwater in the future, think about MalawI Cichlids etc first, basically the same bright colours and cheaper

After you've tried them then go onto SW

So true!
We were right in the middle of getting a Cichlid tank going for DH when we were offered the Saltwater tank. That was DH biggest complaint w/ Freshwater fish, "I want pretty colored fish." was all he'd whine about. Kids and I kept trying and trying and trying to tell him that pretty doesn't matter much, its those little fishy's with personality that makes fishkeeping so much fun. My betta's and son's Festivum are so much fun to watch AND interact with!

Don't get me wrong, Saltwater is beautiful and I love watching our tank, but even now with owning one, I still feel the same way about Saltwater fish. They are beautiful but to me, somethings just belong out in the wild. Looking at those fish in a little tank is,to me, the same feeling I get when looking at a tiger in a cage at the zoo.

Besides the fact that if I mess up and crash a tank, I'm out only $1-$3 a fish. Everytime we walk into the Saltwater store, I start to hyperventilate from the sheer sticker shock!

Sabi
SW way more interesting and beautiful. Not to say Freshwater is not great it is v.much too. But Saltwater is better.

aquariumnewbie
Freshwater for now and still gaining experience. Definitely will be interested to learn about Saltwater when I've gain sufficient knowledge.

sschind
If I could only have one tank the first thing I would do is figure out who was telling me I could only have one tank, beat the out of them and then get more tanks.

Seriously though, I have gone through spurts of each. For me color, or at least knock you off your feet from across the room color, is the last thing that attracts me to a fish. Subtle colors or high contrast is much more appealing to me than a bright yellow fish (yellow tang) I prefer to observe the behavior of the fish and that is what I find most interesting. Corals don't interest me much but the shrimps and crabs are fascinating. With the discovery and availability of more and more Freshwater species it is getting easier for me to get my fix without going salt. A heavily planted tank with a bunch of SulawesI shrimp would be incredible. However, a large (120+) saltwater, filled to the max with live rock and a ton of small gobies and blennies popping in and out of the rocks with a few dozen different shrimp cruising around would also be pretty kick ***

However, next month, when my snakes and geckos start hatching I'll probably get all distracted from my fish tanks again until something else catches my eye and pulls me back.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
N13
Replies
Views
Pythia
  • Poll
  • The Hobbyist
  • Polls
Replies