Which cory species do you like best?

Seatown12

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Which corydora species is your favorite in terms of looks and personality?

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
albino's are mine

pinkfloydpuffer

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I have the false juliis (trilineatus) and I love them!

Slug

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Slug said:
Corydoras sterbai by far.
saaaaaaaaweeet cories! I want some!

Slug

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years

musicman4567

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of Julii's and a couple of sterbais. Love them both!

pepetj

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I just love watching my shoal of Panda Corydoras. Bronze Corydoras are almost quite as fun but mine "school" somewhat less often than the Pandas do.

Pepe
Santo Domingo

ShaynaB

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I love my pandas... They're fantastic!

mathas

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
pinkfloydpuffer said:
I have the false juliis (trilineatus) and I love them!
Same here!

But if I were able to go back and make a different choice, I'd probably go with green laser corys instead.

Seatown12

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Wow thread got alot of reply's from the last time I checked. I saw some pygmy cories at the store they look cool.

GouramiGirl1221

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I really like my albino. As far as looks though, my favorite are skunk cories (I don't know what the technical name is), but they're impossible to find locally.

Iron waffle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Without question, peppered cories (corydoras paleatus), those skunk cories are looking good too.

betta-cat

Valued Member
Reaction score
I don't have access to a variety but I have albinos, a bronze in other tanks and 4 peppered in one. All are great but I think the peppered have more personality. When I added a single long-finned peppered cat to the 2 original inhabitants, they swam up to his baggie to check him out, then allowed him to crawl all over them patiently. I bought a lonely little tiny guy from the LFS. Same thing, the other three swam up to check out the baggie. They NEVER did this with new platies. Anyway, after releasing the little one, the big 3 held a meeting, all heads turned towards the centre. The little guy was in the middle and visited each of the big ones, one by one. They sat patiently until he was done before they started checking him out. I watched with amazement, amusement and humbleness. He's one of the gang now, and catching up rapidly in size.

fishlover78

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I like peppered and albino cories. -fishlover78

pinkfloydpuffer

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
betta-cat said:
I don't have access to a variety but I have albinos, a bronze in other tanks and 4 peppered in one. All are great but I think the peppered have more personality. When I added a single long-finned peppered cat to the 2 original inhabitants, they swam up to his baggie to check him out, then allowed him to crawl all over them patiently. I bought a lonely little tiny guy from the LFS. Same thing, the other three swam up to check out the baggie. They NEVER did this with new platies. Anyway, after releasing the little one, the big 3 held a meeting, all heads turned towards the centre. The little guy was in the middle and visited each of the big ones, one by one. They sat patiently until he was done before they started checking him out. I watched with amazement, amusement and humbleness. He's one of the gang now, and catching up rapidly in size.
That is SOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!

platy ben

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I love these species
Guapore

False bandit

And my favourite
Griseus

All of which are NOT at my LFS lol

And i never order offline, so these guys look like just a dream

But i also love pandas and i might get some soon
I also love my peppers

Ok lets face it, i love pretty much all corys

jack--sos

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
i like the Julli cory they had some baby ones at my LFS today

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I loved my pygmy corys but they were very delicate. Now I have Albino Aeneus and Orange lasers and both of those are so much fun. They are just hyper at feeding time.
carol

Aquaman123456

Valued Member
Reaction score
At first I wasn't interested in cory but one day when I went to lfs I saw some juli cory and bought one ,and ever since I really like these easy going guys. After a few week at my lfs I wanted to my cory a buddy but they didn't have any at least until I looked in a tank with plecos in it I found one July by himself-so lucky,so I bought him and when I brought him home and put him in the tank he just sat there and my orignal cory came and starting nudging him from behind and the next day they were playing and sleeping beside each other.
Just 2days I bought two mini albino cory babies. They are less than half inch long so I keep em seperate from my other fish on my dresser beside my bed until they get big enough for my main tank. They're so mini and cool and also when I bought them the guy at lfs gave me the cory for free cause he forgot to take the money from me and just printed A reciept &gave me the fish."

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom