Which Community should I go with? Question

1. HitchHiker Member Member

Well its finally here, I get to add my first school of fish to my tank. I have had the tank in the house sense Christmas night, the fastest the tree has ever made it out of my house. The water parameters have all been great, and I have a few decorations in the tank, more of a basic setup that will be customized depending on the community needs. Thus my questions I need to choose my community.

As a quick recap:

55 gal tank, 48" L, 18 H, 15" W
    Rena XP3 Filter
    The tank is cycled
    pH 7.6
    NH3 0 ppm
    NO2 0 ppm
    NO3 5 ppm

So I can't decide between these two communities:

Community #1
    2 Blood Parrots
    6 Ghost Catfish
    1 Flame Dwarf Gourami
    5 Scissortail Rosbora

Community #2
    1 Stripped Raphael Catfish
    6 Gardnei Killifish
    4 Yoyo Loach
    6 GloFish
    1 Blue Gourami
    4 Swordtail

I am kinda leaning towards #2, as it seems that it is more active and colorful. Also it has the GloFish. I really love them on so many levels. So I am here to ask your opinion. What do you think would you change anything, what and why.

***EDIT***

Thought that I would add a picture of the tank.
    333.jpg

I know the glass needs to be cleaned. I saw it after the water was added, going to get stuff for it while I am out getting the fish.

2. steed1172 Well Known Member Member

i personally would go with number two ... for the exact same reasons as you lol.

3. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

I'm gonna go with #2

4. Fish'd Member Member

Number 2 looks like it would be a fun tank. Very colorful, too.

5. mosin360 Well Known Member Member

That is a very nice looking tank and one I've not seen in the shops around here.

6. stanman Initiate Member

How long has the tank cycled? Both groups sound good, but 2 sounds great.

7. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

Tanks, looking good. So the newly cycled filter is hooked up and the bucket is put away, huh? Congrats!

8. HitchHiker Member Member

:D the bucket is now my water changing bucket/testing fake plants bucket. Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for their great help and advise. I am getting ready to go out to find fish for the #2 community. I think that I will start with the Yoyo loaches.

9. fishingman001 Well Known Member Member

#2 looks cool. some cory cats would be nice as well. good luck

10. platyfish Member Member

You should add some larger plants and maybe some rock or wood, it would make it look a lot better!!!

11. HitchHiker Member Member

I have been adding a bit here and a bit there. In my other post you can see some of the stuff that I have added.