Which chemical and bacteria treatments for brackish water?

ddj
Basically as I posted already It seems like I have a bacteria growing in my aquarium, anyway I wanted to know when there’s a treatment should I go with the marine or freshwater version of treatments this includes good bacteria, my salinity is 1.006 currently I’m going to increase this slowly to 1.015.

MrBryan723
I would say that it would be more species dependent and i would lean towards the freshwater treatments. If it's only fish, either one should work, if it's other things too, maybe the saltwater.

ddj
thanks , well the growth seems to be dangerous for fish it’s either Cyanobacteria or Alcaligenes xylosoxidans and the only treatments I found for the second one online is dr Tim’s re fresh and waste away bacteria to break the existing bacteria down and I’m not sure which bacteria would survive the marine or freshwater variants of the product.

MrBryan723
Well, this is a method that can be really hard on live rock and the cycle in general, but if you can turn off the filter and remove some of the live rock, H2O2 dosed up to about 2ppm is highly effective and only takes about an hour or 2 per treatment before you can turn things back on. It'll kill both. You'll want to vac out the dead stuff afterwards tho.

david1978
MrBryan723 said:
Glad someone wrote this down lol. I just tell people to go look up how to dose instead of writing it all out these days.
I got tired of retyping it too so yea I wrote it down.

MrBryan723
Do you know how i would go about sharing links like this? Do i have to just find the page and copy the url? Or is there an easier way?

david1978
MrBryan723 said:
Do you know how i would go about sharing links like this? Do i have to just find the page and copy the url? Or is there an easier way?
I copy and paste the link from the top of the page.

ddj
Thanks

Top Bottom