Which Check Valve Do You Use?

If you use an air pump, do you use a check valve?

• Yes

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No - My Air Pump Is Above My Tank

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

beachbum1972

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I'm setting up a quarantine tank for some new fish and I am dropping a sponge filter into my currently cycled tank so I will have something to instantly cycle the QT.

I looked on Amazon and the ratings are all over the place on check valves. I figured you folks will have some opinions. Lol.

Which brand do you use/trust? I don't mind spending a few extra dollars for one that works well and won't fail on me.

I'm planning on keeping a sponge filter running in my primary tank on a regular basis along with my HOB filter so I will always be prepared for an emergency. The pump will live below the tank when not on the emergency tank.

AWheeler

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I also use cheap ones on amazon that I bought in bulk. I have 2 air pumps that have 4 different "nubs" on them to drive air and it is adjustable. I've never had a problem with the water going back, even with a brief power outage, and me just flipping the switch for everything while doing water changes.

Junne

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
These are the ones I have purchased. So far, they have worked great and are economical. Plus I needed a few other items in this packet so even better.

beachbum1972

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
These are the ones I have purchased. So far, they have worked great and are economical. Plus I needed a few other items in this packet so even better.
Awesome! That was one of the sets I was looking at. Thanks for the link.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom