Which Check Valve Do You Use?

Discussion in 'Air Pumps' started by beachbum1972, Apr 15, 2017.

?

If you use an air pump, do you use a check valve?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. No - My Air Pump Is Above My Tank

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. beachbum1972

beachbum1972 New Member Member

I'm setting up a quarantine tank for some new fish and I am dropping a sponge filter into my currently cycled tank so I will have something to instantly cycle the QT.

I looked on Amazon and the ratings are all over the place on check valves. I figured you folks will have some opinions. Lol.

Which brand do you use/trust? I don't mind spending a few extra dollars for one that works well and won't fail on me.

I'm planning on keeping a sponge filter running in my primary tank on a regular basis along with my HOB filter so I will always be prepared for an emergency. :) The pump will live below the tank when not on the emergency tank.

2. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

I just used the cheap ones I could buy in bulk of Amazon. No issues!

3. APierce

APierce Well Known Member Member

I also use cheap ones on amazon that I bought in bulk. I have 2 air pumps that have 4 different "nubs" on them to drive air and it is adjustable. I've never had a problem with the water going back, even with a brief power outage, and me just flipping the switch for everything while doing water changes.

4. Junne

Junne Fishlore Legend Member

5. OP
    OP
    beachbum1972

beachbum1972 New Member Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice