Question Which are your favorite Aquarium Residents?

April R

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Post pics of your favorite aquarium buddies. (The one's you take care of )
Here is one of my beautiful and fascinating Emerald Cories.
Emerald Cory in Stricta.jpg
I have been sitting here for 5 minutes watching them play in the bubbles from the air stone. The headdive into the bubble stream then let the bubbles shoot them up to the top of the tank. It's hilarious
Here is a group of three of them with the flash so you can see their beautiful green shimmer.
3 emerald cories with flash.jpg

Here are two of my Olive Nerites. The one on the bottom followed the larger on all the way to the top of the tank and back down again. It was so funny.
nerite buddies.jpg

ricmcc

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
This sounds much like I am avoiding the question, but asking me which pet I love the best is sort of asking who is the favourite of your kids.
That bit said, I do really like my cichlids.-rick

Cygnus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
All of my tank inhabitants have their own personality and beauty, but I can say that I have a favorite.

3 spot is by far and away the boldest fish in my tank and I could watch him all day long and never tire of it. 100% driven to mate he will often skip feeding time to get close to the girls. He is super excited to get his picture taken and will often photo bomb the others. He is a super show off and easily my favorite fish.

junebug

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Cyg is a pro photographer literally lol.

I got this shot of Freddy yesterday. He's definitely among my favorites:
DSCF6113 (1280x721).jpg

And this is my male betta uberis. How gorgeous is he?
DSCF5776 (1280x721) (1280x721) (2).jpg

The rios, easily my prettiest livebearing strain. Darn things breed like rabbits though -.-'
DSCF5728 (1280x721).jpg

And last but certainly not least, Storm, my favorite domestic betta. He's one of the most beautiful fish I've ever owned. Even my uncle who has always kept saltwater tanks, thought he was gorgeous. He's also super mellow and barely even flares at a mirror. He does flare at food sometimes, though LOL.
DSCF6092 (1280x721).jpg

Cygnus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Woah! Sweet pic. What camera do you use?
Most of the images here on the forum are shot with my Nikon D3, 50mm macro lens coupled to a kenko macro tube, and a Nikon Sb900 flash fired remotely with a pocket wizard through a shoot through umbrella.

One of these days (when I get time) I'll get serious about getting good fish pictures. The water and light distortion bugs me, but I haven't spent the time to really figure out a better way yet. And yes, Junebug is correct, I've been a pro photographer over 20 years now so I have a little better gear at my disposal than most.

Theman1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
This is my female Flowerhorn Daisy. She is easily my favorite. She has more personality then some kids i know haha.

Last edited by a moderator:

April R

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Beautiful fishies! Keep em coming.
And Cyg, I wish you were closer so I could hire you to take good pics of my tank and fish. Our Cannon and Camera phones aren't cuttin it, LOL

TheBettaBar

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Beautiful fishies! Keep em coming.
And Cyg, I wish you were closer so I could hire you to take good pics of my tank and fish. Our Cannon and Camera phones aren't cuttin it, LOL
Haha I tried to do the same thing but Cyg is a busy guy! A bit beyond the hiring capacity of simple fish keepers O.O

virusmk

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
20140108_175036.jpg

Out of all this one is my favorite for the time being.

20140108_175036.jpg

My survivor he was through untill i learn how to take care of him. Now growing fast, already at least 10-12 cm long. My favorite of all for the time being

Last edited:

April R

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
After looking at my pics and comparing online I am pretty sure I have bronze cories, not emerald. Anyone else have any idea?
They were probably mislabled at Petco

renthus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I've always been in love with my sids, but now that I've got my ADFs, I think I have a new favorite. I've only had them for about 24 hours, but they've already won my heart. So much personality, so much silliness.

This little sweetheart is such a clever devil xD

Last edited by a moderator:

Roxie Brookshire

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Sadly I like the apple snail in my daughter's 10 gallon the best. Least troublesome pet I have ever had.
(Other than the time she escaped across the living room floor and we where all sure she was dead!)IMG_0043.jpg

Brandon Bennett

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I love all my fish but when I first established my tank, it was definitely my Bolivian Rams but after establishing a school (now 9) of Columbian Tetras I am amazed as to how fun they are and how striking their beauty is. 10-18-13(1).jpg

Scoutsfish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
My favorite is my angel marty. Full of character, loves photobombing, begs for food, blows little bubbles while eating, loves greeting me.

After him, Francisco my dg, rigoverto/elvis my gbr and betta, and my albino cories. I've found the albinos have much more personalityy then the others rigoveto is a little shy, and elvis is getting older/lazy. Fransisco is just funny and loves swimming around, eating with marty and pecking at the snails/algae/melting plants. Their pictures are all in my avatar pic. Oh and kermit my adf

brookekesler

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I think my favorite is a black mollie we got for my 2 year old for Christmas...he has so much personality! He will come up to the tank where we are standing and fuzz out all his fins like "look how cool i am". He's also quite the lady's man, I had to buy extra females because the typical 2:1 ratio wasn't cutting it for this little horndog. hahaha

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom