Which aquarium to choose???

knifeman1
Hello all, I am looking to purchase a saltwater aquarium I was looking at a couple different ones. I have decided on a 180 gallon. I found one built by custom aquariums it is the right size. It has the over flows at the top back of the tank that go into pipes down the back. not the typical drilled in the bottom type. my question was, is there any performance difference? I don't normally see this type so I wasn't sure if it was okay? any thoughts are greatly appreciated !

NoahLikesFish
Personally, any would work it’s just preference.

Fishproblem
knifeman1 said:
Hello all, I am looking to purchase a saltwater aquarium I was looking at a couple different ones. I have decided on a 180 gallon. I found one built by custom aquariums it is the right size. It has the over flows at the top back of the tank that go into pipes down the back. not the typical drilled in the bottom type. my question was, is there any performance difference? I don't normally see this type so I wasn't sure if it was okay? any thoughts are greatly appreciated !
Hey! Welcome to fishlore! Can you link to the specific tank? I've only just started in saltwater, and my build is far too small and low tech to involve overflows of any kind. But I have read that some setups are more efficient than others, and different builds do have different potential points of failure. It would be good to know what those are so you can decide what's best for you.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom