Which Aquarium Should I Get For My Betta?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Geissenberg, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Geissenberg New Member Member

I was thinking about getting this one:

Its measurements are (Width × Length × Height): 39 × 27.5 × 42.2 cm

But then someone told me that the aquarium is to tall for a betta and i should get with the measurements (Width × Length × Height): 40 × 25 × 25 cm

What do you guys think?

2. Canaculus Well Known Member Member

Too tall? That tank would probably be fine, but bigger is always better (sometimes :p).

3. Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

That tank should be fine, it’s a little tall but I wouldn’t consider that an issue since it’s rather wide as well. Just give him lots to swim around/in and places to rest and he should be a happy Betta.

4. david1978 Fishlore Legend Member

No fear they won't drown. If they don't drown in a 75 gallon they will be fine in that. Fun fact, if the water is properly oxygenated they don't ever have to come to the surface to breath.

5. LiterallyABetta Valued Member Member

Yeah, some people seem to think they can only breathe oxygen from air. They have gills too!

6. DuaneV Well Known Member Member

No such thing as too tall. You get what you can fit in your house and budget, but bigger is always better. Ive had Bettas in a 120 gallon community tank before, swimming from top to bottom no problem.

7. RainBetta Well Known Member Member

My friend has the exact same tank for her betta and he's been in there for over 3 years.

8. BettaFishKeeper4302 Well Known Member Member

If you think it's too big, do what David and LiterallyABetta basically said, get some aerators.

9. LiterallyABetta Valued Member Member

Bettas don’t really require any more aeration than a normal fish. I’ve had a Betta in my 160l (approx. 40 gallons) with just a power filter and he’s been fine for two years.

10. BettaFishKeeper4302 Well Known Member Member

Awesome!