=( wheres my eggs?

VidW

ahhh so sad>__<
today when I went to check my cichlid's cave, (suppose there are like 30eggs on the top of the cave)
but all the eggs disappoeared!!!!!!

but I couldn't find any fry in the tank.... there is no other fishes...did my cichlid ate those eggs... =(

COBettaCouple

VidW said:
ahhh so sad>__<
today when I went to check my cichlid's cave, (suppose there are like 30eggs on the top of the cave)

but I couldn't find any fry in the tank.... there is no other fishes...did my cichlid ate those eggs... =(
I'm not a cichlid expert, but it seems like a lot of egg layers will munch on the eggs - or any tank mates they have might find the eggs a tasty snack too.

Tom

FLBettaCouple said:
VidW said:
ahhh so sad>__<

I'm not a cichlid expert, but it seems like a lot of egg layers will munch on the eggs - or any tank mates they have might find the eggs a tasty snack too.
But I thought cichlids protected their eggs?
Tom

COBettaCouple

Tom said:
But I thought cichlids protected their eggs?
Tom
Yea, you're totally right. Now that you mention it Tom, I do recall reading about cichlids doing that, so somehow the other fish must have gotten into the eggs.

Vidw - what other fish are in that tank?

wolfman21

Other fish probably found the cichlid off guard and ate the eggs. Sorry about that.

VidW

I have no other fishes in the tank aside from my cichlid...
=( is that the male ate them?

Butterfly

Some times Cichlids will eat their own eggs.
Carol

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom