Where's Isabella

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Just wondering if anybody know's if Isabella's ok or if she's just extemely busy, she hasn't been on for awhile I don't think ???

Jimold

Well Known Member
Reaction score
ya know, that's a good question, I haven't seen her in a while...

LilaBean

Valued Member
Reaction score
Well soon it will be time for a squirell update for Spring!! So hopefully she will be back soon!!

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hello everyone! I'm back! ;D And I missed Fish Lore and ALL OF YOU very much! Thank you for asking about me - that's very nice of you

OK, here's all the happened. First, I got sick. Thought it was a terrible flu, but it was even worse: an inflammation of the bronchi (Bronchitis). My chest (the bronchi area) hurt not only when I was coughing but even when I took a deeper breath. I didn't work for a few days. My entire back hurt and all of the muscles in my body hurt. I had a fever for the first 2 - 3 days of the sickness. Had absolutely no appetite either for a few days (ate almost nothing). I must have caught the virus from someone, no idea why I got so sick. Was in bed for about a week. But I am OK now, all gone

Then, Easter came and I was very busy. And THEN ... about 1.5 week ago my computer crashed AGAIN ... for about the 4th time in the last 2 years. This time, I couldn't even format my hard drive - that's how bad it was. So I had to get an entirely new hard drive and clean all the inside of the computer. I've fixed it all just today (well, my computer whiz cousin did, lol). I'm still not done installing all the programs - but that's not as important as is the fact that I'm finally able to be on Fish Lore again Except at work, I didn't have access to the Internet for 1.5 weeks.

So, that's the story. I am glad that I am finally back . I apologize everyone for not having helped much with the forum during the last couple of weeks.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
yikes! that sucks, especially the bronchitis - had that before, thought i'd die laughing from the fun of it. Glad you're up & running with a new hard drive and back on here.. how did we ever live without the internet at home, huh?

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
FLBettaCouple said:
yikes!  that sucks, especially the bronchitis - had that before, thought I'd die laughing from the fun of it.     Glad you're up & running with a new hard drive and back on here.. how did we ever live without the internet at home, huh?
Yes, Bronchitis REALLY sucks! It's far worse than a regular flu or cold. Your throat doesn't really hurt that much and you don't really have a runny nose, but it's the pain in the chest that's terrible as well as the fever and hurting muscles all over your body. It's terrible! I hope I never get it again.

LilaBean ... I forgot to add that the squirrels are out already My dad built a HUGE cage outside in our backyard for them. He also built 3 wooden squirrel houses and he put them inside the cage. The cage must be about 10 feet tall! They've been in there for about 1.5 weeks. We want to keep them in the cage outside for a while so that they get used to being outside. In about 1-3 weeks or so, we'll open the cage and start scattering food around our backyard so that they learn how to gather food on their own (although we'll always put the food outside for them for as long as they'll live in our backyard). We don't know if they'll stay in our backyard or if they will go their own way, but we're certainly hoping they'll stay. We all love them dearly. But I think they'll be coming back all the time for the food and to sleep in their wooden houses. The houses are high on the top of the cage (there are tree branches inside too) and they love these houses. Although there are 3 of them, they mostly sleep all cuddled in one house, lol We give them pieces of paper towels and rags too - they love to take them into the houses and make "sleeping" beds / nests out of them!

Neville

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
hi, Isabella Welcome back

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
glad to hear you're well again. i used to get bronchitis when i was younger. its awful. i had it when i was preg and in labour with my youngest son too. the bronchitis was worse that the labour! the lack of sleep with the bronchitis wasnt good either! so i can fully appreciate how tough it is! its frustrating when your computer doesnt work. mine's getting returned tomorrow so i'll be with a computer for a while. dreading it. i dont work either at the mo so i cant even use one there!! how will i cope?!!!
i love squirells! do you get grey ones or red ones in the US? i think its just the grey, but not sure? :-\ have you seen those assault courses on the tv where they go through loads of obstacles to get to the food?! they are funny! glad to have you back! ;D
tan

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Tan.b, where I live we have grey ones and I've seen a few black ones too. Maybe in other parts of the US they have the red ones too. Although my squirrels have tiny traces of reddish color in their furs too. I love the fact that squirrels have white bellies, lol - it looks so cute. If you want to see some pictures of my squirrels, they're right here: - when they were babies and after they grew up.

Hey Neville

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
wow! i've just read all that post! i cant believe they fell into your garden! how many do they have in a litter then? do you think there was just the 3. i hope so. i bet they helped each other keep warm and provide comfort too so its nice they were all together. i'm so jealous!! they are soooooooooo cute! we used to have chinchillas (they are like very round squirrels) and they were lively jumping about! i've only seen squirrels from a distance as they run away if they see you. in some parks they're a bit tamer where they're used to people. your squirrels are an odd colour! i see what you mean! the uk ones are either very grey or very red...no inbetween (not that i've seen anyway!). the colouring of yours is really nice. keep us posted on your squirrels. i'm sure with the amount of time you've spent with them they'll be imprinted and see you as their mum and security. be nice if they go off and have their own family though, but still spend most of the time in your garden so you can see they're ok. would you recognise them in the garden from other squirrels? keep us updated on their progress! oh, and whos patches? a cat? hope patches isnt a threat to those squirrels .
tan

Jmarcus

Valued Member
Reaction score
Glad you are OK. I missed reading your post and replies. How is your new tank doing? I started a a new 55 gallon tank about the same time you started your 75 gallon, right now having a bit of algae problem but plants and fish seem to be fine. I am sure it will all work out . Glad you are back

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Gald your back and healthy

LilaBean

Valued Member
Reaction score
Good to hear you are healthy now, that sounded like quite the pits!! thanks for the squirell updates!! I would love to see some pics of thier tree fort!! when you get a minute, I know getting back into the groove is so hard after you've been down for awhile! Take care--Lila

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Tan.b, Miss  Patches is one of my cats (I have 2) And no, she's not a threat to them at all. When they were inside my house, they played with her. I even think she misses them now! They used to run after her, then she'd run after one of them, almost like playing "catch and run", lol ;D The squirrels are so fast that even if she wanted to hurt them, she could never catch them. In fact, she was at times afraid when they were running like crazy around the house. She was like "I give up ... " lol

I guess the only way I'll be able to tell them apart is if they come to me when I call them. Or when they jump on me when I approach them. They loved to run up and down a human body when they were still inside the house. Whenever we let them out, they'd just jump and run all over us as we were walking around the house! So if they continue doing this outside, that's how we'll know it's them. Besides, I really think they'll make the wooden houses their permanent homes. And if not, they will most likely keep coming back for food. After all: walnuts, pecans, raisins, almonds, beans, peas, sunflower seeds (and other seeds), apples, bananas, broccoli, avocados, carrots, lettuce, zucchini and "what-not" ... don't all grow outside in a regular garden, right? (At least not in my backyard!) They've gotta be coming back for all of these goodies!

Atm, great too see you again

LilaBean, if I can get a picture of them outside, I'll certainly do that

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
just wondering....do the squirrels even know they are squirrels? when hand reared animals get confused! maybe they think THEY are cats too! look forward to more pics if you manage any!

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
i have seen animals reared by another animal who act like the animal who rear them, so those squirrels could be thinking they're cats.

Jimold

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Just beware the rare underwater squirrel!!! They tend to hang around sponges and starfish and are rumored to know karate......

(sorry, couldn't resist!)

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Jim said:
Just beware the rare underwater squirrel!!! They tend to hang around sponges and starfish and are rumored to know karate......
Actually, my best friend died from an underwater squirrel attack.. oh, the horror of that day! so much blood in the water, who would've known such a cute little animal would know karate and have teeth like a shark! if only we had heeded the warning of the native guide.. oh well, i got his ps3 so it's all good.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom