Where would you go?

1. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

If you could go anywhere to go fish collecting, fresh water only, where would you go and why?

2. acolli51 Member Member

For the number of species I would choose Africa. If I had to choose a specific spot in Africa it would be difficult. So I guess I've narrowed it down to a continent but that's it. I have also always loved killifish but never had any and it would be cool to collect a bunch of different eggs and save them...I think they last a while out of water because that's what they do when the ponds dry out for a few seasons.

3. Slug Well Known Member Member

Amazon no doubt. Specifically for discus and angels. Theres just so much more mystery about the Amazon then anywhere else, and at this rate it will be gone in no time. I'd love to see the source of my obsession before it disappears.

4. Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

Amazon - hands down. I LOVE my SA cichlids, and I would love to see them in their natural habitat!

5. theshiftys_jm Member Member

Australia!!!!

Been there once, but I want to dive the Great Barrier Reef!

6. Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

Thailand... I want to see the wild betta's :p

7. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

i want to go to thailand too, bettas, gouramis, and other pretty fish

8. chuba Initiate Member

amazon for angels

9. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning!:;co
    First I would go to Shawnie's house to get her Bloody Parrots. Well, I might as well snatch a Betta or two while I'm there. :giggle: That will save me a trip to MM's house.:shock: Then I would journey to Lucy's house to get her Aquatic Frogs.:;hi2
    On my way back home I'd have to stop at Lorabell's and snatch her Sea Horses and their tank and a :;toast .
    :whistling:
    Ken

10. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

:;lg Lock your doors and hide your fishies everyone! Ken's on the prowl. :p (Pssst, grab one of Shawnie's JDs while you're there...)

11. TedsTank Well Known Member Member

Can I go with you? I'll never make it the amazon but we could swing by Matt's and grab a few discus!!!

12. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

That's right Ted. Slug/Matt is just a hop, skip and a jump from me! Doh! We'll have to wait until he gets home (next week) and gets set up. :)
    Ken

13. TedsTank Well Known Member Member

Not a problem!! He will setup fast...poor guy...discus, discus. I have 3 and could use at least 2 more. I'll setup temp tanks in my van, for the raiding party.

14. peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

I'd go to Thailand as well! Loads of bettas there ;D

15. Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

:;laughing @ Ted and Ken!!
    I'm reading this at work on lunch and just laughed. I got funny looks, but it was worth it!

16. Slug Well Known Member Member

LOL oh no! I gotta remember to get the locks changed....maybe put doubles on the door! ;) They might intercept the packages too....HMMM.

17. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Slug if you see a strange van out side your door, it's TED! I'll be in the limo!
    :;toast
    Ken

18. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

ken, you wont have to travel for them...if they keep it up, they will be there before chef has a chance to cook me a prime rib!!!!!!!!! nawty fish ! LOL

ilove...spring time darling ..be ready..they have your name all over them!!!!!!!!!! ;D

19. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

LOL...
    Ken

20. Martinismommy Fishlore VIP Member

I think we all know where I would go lol...In fact, I actually hope to make that dream a reality one day.....

Hey Ken, come here 1st! I have lot's of beauties in the fish room right now lol