Where To Start With Planting A Tank? 10 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by jaymethy, Apr 12, 2018.

1. jaymethyValued MemberMember

I have an already set up 10G tall tank. It currently has a gravel substrate and a clip on LED light. How would I even go about thinking about getting this thing planted?

2. smee82Fishlore VIPMember

1st figure out if you want hi or low tech and if your light is low medium or high output.

3. OP
    OP
    j

jaymethyValued MemberMember

I'm pretty sure it is a low output light, but I have emailed the manufacturer for confirmation.
    And I want low tech. I can't keep terrestrial plants alive for the life of me, so I don't want to be too ambitious.

4. smee82Fishlore VIPMember

Have a look at a list of low light plants and decide what you like. Anubis and java fern are low light and easy. Swords will do ok too but will need root tabs.

5. -Mak-

-Mak-Well Known MemberMember

I would start by watching youtube videos on planted tanks, George Farmer, ADU aquascaping, Aquapros are good channels. Don't purchase or commit to anything without extensive research :)

6. OP
    OP
    j

jaymethyValued MemberMember

I'll look into all of those, thanks. What about any short foreground plants? like a moss for example?

When I do decide what I want, am I best off just buying one or two and adding more after some time, or to just jump right in and plant the whole thing?

7. smee82Fishlore VIPMember

Mosses will be ok not sure how s. Repens will do low light but i think they would be ok. If your going low tech you you can do a few at a time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice