Where to sell fish fry

blackmollylover4life

I have one LFS in my town

AggressiveAquatics

Did you call them and ask if they can take them? If you hold on to them until they are older they are worth more than fry are. Some stores don’t take fry only juvenile or adult fish

Demeter

I ended up selling most my fish online. My LFS pretty much refuses to take fish from customers due to the possibility of introducing new disease (I laughed a bit while looking at their own tanks). Otherwise I have to drive an hour to another pet store after calling them and seeing what they’ll take. Another option is using Facebook adds to sell to locals, but that means having possibly creepy people coming to your house (albeit I have a near unconditional trust in fellow fish people).

Selling online seems to earn me more per fish than if I sold them to a petstore anyways. It also gives you access to buyers all over the country. The downside is you’ll also have to buy supplies (bags, heat/cold packs, insulation/styrofoam, O2 tank setup, Prime etc).

You can google ways to ship fish, it’s not particularly hard but there is a science to it.

blackmollylover4life

what is the cost for selling fish online? and no i haven't called them yet because my 11 guppy fry are still young.

AggressiveAquatics

Demeter said:
I ended up selling most my fish online. My LFS pretty much refuses to take fish from customers due to the possibility of introducing new disease (I laughed a bit while looking at their own tanks). Otherwise I have to drive an hour to another pet store after calling them and seeing what they’ll take. Another option is using Facebook adds to sell to locals, but that means having possibly creepy people coming to your house (albeit I have a near unconditional trust in fellow fish people).

Selling online seems to earn me more per fish than if I sold them to a petstore anyways. It also gives you access to buyers all over the country. The downside is you’ll also have to buy supplies (bags, heat/cold packs, insulation/styrofoam, O2 tank setup, Prime etc).

You can google ways to ship fish, it’s not particularly hard but there is a science to it.
I’m interested in this as well. What website do you sell them on?

coralbandit

Aquabid charges NOTHING.
They ask for a donation if you sell a fish for more the $30 I think but it is REALLY only an ask and not the end all be all ..

blackmollylover4life

I will call my LFS because i would much prefer doing that to having to pack ship buy heater and cold packs plus all the other stuff just to make 30 cents in profit

AggressiveAquatics

coralbandit said:
Aquabid charges NOTHING.
They ask for a donation if you sell a fish for more the $30 I think but it is REALLY only an ask and not the end all be all ..
Thanks. I’ll look Into that. I have some fry to sell when they grow up.

Demeter

AggressiveAquatics said:
I’m interested in this as well. What website do you sell them on?
I’ve sold on ebay (hate their fees though) and on here. Aquabid is also an option, I still need to figure out how to use it as their photo uploader is difficult for me to resize and whatnot.

blackmollylover4life

i live in east coast u.s where do you sell that on here i only see canada

tapwater

blackmollylover4life said:
If you click on the "Buy, Sell, Trade, Free Forum" and scroll down you'll see some posts, and I think those are all US based. So if my assumption is correct, you could make a post there and it'll be assumed that you're in the USA
You'll need to reach 50 posts/messages before you can actually use that part of the forum I'm pretty sure.

blackmollylover4life

well then time to go talk on every thing there is. Thanks for the help

blackmollylover4life

LFS said yes!!!! hey said 25 cents each for in cash

MasterPython

blackmollylover4life said:
In Canada try Kijiji.

Top Bottom