Where to sell/donate fish in Las Vegas

Wardonianfungus

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hi! My mollies were breeding and I just realized that I don’t have a place to put them. I live in Las Vegas so if anyone knows of any mom and pop shops or breeders I could give them to? I can’t keep so many of the fish but I don’t want to put them down. I have at least 2 months for the oldest batch, but 3.5 for the newest fry.

OP
Wardonianfungus

Wardonianfungus

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I also forgot to say that I don’t have any friends or neighbors who keep fish

carloz209

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I have the same situation my mollies had 2 baby batches in June and now i have about 50 baby mollies and will be looking to rehome them. I had a question that i cant seem to find the answer online but after how many weeks or months are the mollies good to be rehomed?
Also as far as rehoming them i will post online on CL and if that doesnt work then i will go to my lps and ask them if they are willing to take them in exchange for cash or store credit im assuming they will more than likely opt for store credit based on stories online from others. Good luck on your mollies.

OP
Wardonianfungus

Wardonianfungus

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Thanks so much for the reply! I think after a months or two they should be fine to rehome. My problem stems from being a minor, so I can’t really sell online or anything like that, even if I was comfortable doing it. There also aren’t very many LFS in Vegas so those are out of the option too. Good luck with your mollies

carloz209

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
i see didnt know you were a minor. its vegas a big city im sure theres more fish stores out there than were im at. I mean call them if you cant go in person and ask them if theyre willing to take the babies in exchange for money or store credit? If they say yes you can get a ride out there or drive yourself dont know how old you are and settle it in 1 trip to the fish store.

OP
Wardonianfungus

Wardonianfungus

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
carloz209 said:
i see didnt know you were a minor. its vegas a big city im sure theres more fish stores out there than were im at. I mean call them if you cant go in person and ask them if theyre willing to take the babies in exchange for money or store credit? If they say yes you can get a ride out there or drive yourself dont know how old you are and settle it in 1 trip to the fish store.
There’s surprisingly less than you’d think. There are 4 or 5, and none of them are close to me. I have found one that said would take them but they don’t seem like they would be able to care for these fish well enough. Their tanks are very minimalistic in care. They’re the best option I have right now however.
AquEric said:
If y'all would ship ill pay I could use about 20 25 for my tanks
I’m not too comfortable with shipping. What city/state do you live in? If you’re somewhat close I might ship to you but again I’m worried about shipping.

carloz209

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Wardonianfungus said:
There’s surprisingly less than you’d think. There are 4 or 5, and none of them are close to me. I have found one that said would take them but they don’t seem like they would be able to care for these fish well enough. Their tanks are very minimalistic in care. They’re the best option I have right now however.
Honestly unless you can get a bigger tank for all of them that might be your only option. Either way if you keep them all crammed they will stress eachother out to the point of a lot of them dying in your tank.

I’m not too comfortable with shipping. What city/state do you live in? If you’re somewhat close I might ship to you but again I’m worried about shipping.
yea i wouldnt suggest you ship if you havent done so before they require special care and precaution to take for shipping like you said they might not survive the shipping.

AquEric

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Wardonianfungus said:

I live in Enterprise Alabama zip 36330 if you triple bag and inculcate the box and send priority mail 3 to 5 days is not bad I've had fish shipped from Montana took 5 days fish were fine

New Threads