40 Gallon Tank Where to put my UV light to kill phytoplankton!?

PlanetRock

Hello,

I have a 36G tank and I’ve tried every possible way to get rid of a bad case of phytoplankton.

I finally went ahead and bought a UV light but it will not fit in my HOB filter. Well barely anyways. It says in the instructions not to put it directly in the tank because it could kill the fish. What are my other options here?

Also, how do I find all of my old posts?
Thanks!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 9

86 ssinit

Those lights should be in a housing. Not open like that! That uv light and if your looking at it it’s ruining your eyes!! Return that light and buy a green killing machine or other type of housed uv light. These come in a housing with a pump attached. The water is slowly pushed past the ENCLOSED light to kill whatever goes through it. PLEASE don’t look at that light.

PlanetRock

Those lights should be in a housing. Not open like that! That uv light and if your looking at it it’s ruining your eyes!! Return that light and buy a green killing machine or other type of housed uv light. These come in a housing with a pump attached. The water is slowly pushed past the ENCLOSED light to kill whatever goes through it. PLEASE don’t look at that light.
Thanks for your reply! I took the lid off just to show it doesn’t fit and I can’t get get the green killing machine bc I live in Canada and for some reason it’s not available here!
Thanks for your reply! I took the lid off just to show it doesn’t fit and I can’t get get the green killing machine bc I live in Canada and for some reason it’s not available here! Also they reviews on this were great so I went with it. I don’t think they’ll let me return it when it’s my fault for purchasing… and I need this water clear ASAP so I can move my 6 month old Bettas I bred over to the tank for more room.
Here’s a photo of what Amazon says is OKAY! Disappointed!!!

Attachments

• 0F35B7F5-19E6-47DC-8AD9-8BFB4BAB1E00.png
    0F35B7F5-19E6-47DC-8AD9-8BFB4BAB1E00.png
    342.5 KB · Views: 7

FishDin

There are several other brands. Some of them must be available in Canada. Some are submersible and some are inline. All are enclosed so you don't see the light.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
jmaldo
Replies
Views
saltwater60
Replies
Views
heybrittany
Replies
Views