Where To Get Killifish? Question

Discussion in 'Killifish' started by Comet-Aurum, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Comet-AurumValued MemberMember

hey I'm planning to get some killifish when I Get a good tank and when it is cycled...
    but where do you suggest to get some killifish?
    I know there are many breeds and types of killifish...
    but I am thinking for what breed
    but I want healthy killifish not sick fish from a trustworthy store with a good price...
    any suggestions?

2. FanaticFishlore VIPMember

Does your LFS not have any Killies?
    Online store recommendations would be LiveAquaria, Trinsfish, or Imperial Tropicals.

3. Comet-AurumValued MemberMember

petco I am unaware if they do and petsmart where I live doesn't have any that I know...
    and I have heard of imperial tropicals they sound good...

4. FanaticFishlore VIPMember

I would find somewhere better then, maybe online is the way to go. I just haven't ever had experience with ordering any livestock online.

5. Comet-AurumValued MemberMember

same.
    I am afraid when I order a fish online it is stressed and will die the next day...
    I tried once and the poor little fishy guy almost didn't make it..

6. chromedome52Fishlore VIPMember

I would suggest Wetspot, they do carry a few species of Killifish.

Aquabid has many sellers of Killifish. They also have a listing for Killifish eggs, which can be easily sent through the mail and then hatched in your water. However, eggs are usually annual species.
    You can check out the feedback for the sellers, see who's been shipping good fish.

There are some situations where a shipped fish might be stressed, but most of the experienced shippers get them to you in fine health. I suspect you just had a bad luck experience, don't let it scare you off. Millions of fish are shipped every year, and the vast majority survive the experience perfectly well.

7. Comet-AurumValued MemberMember

ok thx!
    what type of killifish do they have and what tank size?
    which one do you suggest for me?

8. luckdownWell Known MemberMember

I don't have any suggestions for where to get them. Just wanted to let you know I got most of my fish online and they were actually far better off than the ones I got locally. They are pretty stressed when w you get them but it doesn't take too long for them to calm down and get their color back. Just make sure who you get them from marks them as live or fragile so that don't get mishandled during shipping/sorting.

9. Comet-AurumValued MemberMember

ok thx for the reminder

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice