Where to get glass cover? 75 Gallon Tank

1. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

I was hoping to find a glass cover for my 75gal tank but I can't seem to locate one that will fit. All the covers I see out there on the market say they are 24inches wide, however my tank is only 22 1/4 on each side of the divider. Does anyone know where I might be able to find a cover that would fit those dimensions?

I have tried:

Kens fish
    Foster and smith
    Petco
    Petsmart
    Big Als

anyone got any others?

2. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

I had the same problem, I got the 24 inch lids and rested them on top of the edges and brace, instead of down in the little indentation.

3. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

i know for a fact fosters and smith has them. i got mine from there. you have to choose the one for the 75g....which comes as a pair. you can't buy them separately. that's why i'm putting off buying them for my 150....i have to buy three...they give you no choice.

4. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

5. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

I go mine from a lfs, it was a 75 gal kit, it was still too big.

6. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

exactly...i was just gonna say that jaysee ;) it says 48x18....but you actually get two...

7. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

It actually tells you that in the item description, and how big each piece is :)

8. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

ahhhhh thank you! hmm now to see if theres anything else there I want while I'm paying shipping charges lol

9. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

oh jim...i'm sure you can think of a couple other things to add....food? decor?

10. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

I added a circulation fan to the order. Why pay shipping when for another item I get free shipping.

Food wise I'm set, I'm getting setup to try that reparshy (yeah I can't spell) and decor really doesn't exist any more lol its plants and wood haha.

11. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

sounds like you're set =] yeah...what is repershy food? i've seen that somewhere before....

12. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

probably on here lol Dena recommended it and after listening to some people I decided to go for it.

13. AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

All you have to do is take the glass top kit down to a nearby glass shop and have the pieces modified to fit.

For my largest tank we got 2 glass top kits. 2 of the pieces we used but had to get 2 new pieces cut to fit the tank. So we went down to our glass shop. The kits were long enough but not wide enough. Make sense?

14. catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

Yeah, the glass shop is a great place to get glass tops. Just give them your measurements. They will cut and sand the edges. Then use double stick tape to create a handle. Although I must admit, I have yet to find a DIY hinge that I like.

Repashy is a well known pet food brand for reptiles. They started a new fish food line that hit the market last January. Here's the thread I started on this new product: https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/fish-food/114694-repashy-fish.html