Where to get glass cover? 75 Gallon Tank

1. pirahnah3

pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

Ratings:
    +37
    I was hoping to find a glass cover for my 75gal tank but I can't seem to locate one that will fit. All the covers I see out there on the market say they are 24inches wide, however my tank is only 22 1/4 on each side of the divider. Does anyone know where I might be able to find a cover that would fit those dimensions?

I have tried:

Kens fish
    Foster and smith
    Petco
    Petsmart
    Big Als

anyone got any others?

2. Lexi03

Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +42
    I had the same problem, I got the 24 inch lids and rested them on top of the edges and brace, instead of down in the little indentation.

3. jerilovesfrogs

jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

Ratings:
    +61
    i know for a fact fosters and smith has them. i got mine from there. you have to choose the one for the 75g....which comes as a pair. you can't buy them separately. that's why i'm putting off buying them for my 150....i have to buy three...they give you no choice.

4. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Ratings:
    +236
  5. Lexi03

Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +42
    I go mine from a lfs, it was a 75 gal kit, it was still too big.

6. jerilovesfrogs

Ratings:
    +61
    exactly...i was just gonna say that jaysee ;) it says 48x18....but you actually get two...

7. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Ratings:
    +236
    It actually tells you that in the item description, and how big each piece is :)

8. OP
    OP
    pirahnah3

Ratings:
    +37
    ahhhhh thank you! hmm now to see if theres anything else there I want while I'm paying shipping charges lol

9. jerilovesfrogs

Ratings:
    +61
    oh jim...i'm sure you can think of a couple other things to add....food? decor?

10. OP
    OP
    pirahnah3

Ratings:
    +37
    I added a circulation fan to the order. Why pay shipping when for another item I get free shipping.

Food wise I'm set, I'm getting setup to try that reparshy (yeah I can't spell) and decor really doesn't exist any more lol its plants and wood haha.

11. jerilovesfrogs

Ratings:
    +61
    sounds like you're set =] yeah...what is repershy food? i've seen that somewhere before....

12. OP
    OP
    pirahnah3

Ratings:
    +37
    probably on here lol Dena recommended it and after listening to some people I decided to go for it.

13. AlyeskaGirl

AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

Ratings:
    +218
    All you have to do is take the glass top kit down to a nearby glass shop and have the pieces modified to fit.

For my largest tank we got 2 glass top kits. 2 of the pieces we used but had to get 2 new pieces cut to fit the tank. So we went down to our glass shop. The kits were long enough but not wide enough. Make sense?

14. catsma_97504

catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

Ratings:
    +163
    Yeah, the glass shop is a great place to get glass tops. Just give them your measurements. They will cut and sand the edges. Then use double stick tape to create a handle. Although I must admit, I have yet to find a DIY hinge that I like.

Repashy is a well known pet food brand for reptiles. They started a new fish food line that hit the market last January. Here's the thread I started on this new product: https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/fish-food/114694-repashy-fish.html