Where To Get A 20 Gallon Aquarium

CaptainAquatics
Hi! So I have been keeping fish for a little over 2 years now and I am a very exerianced fish keeper. I currently have a 36 gallon biocube, 3 ten gallon's (one of them is QT), and a lot of betta fish. Thing is I want to get a 20 gallon tank but I want to pretty cheap (because I am also saving for a 75 gallon but I need a 20 gallon). The lowest price I have found so far is a tank I found on amozon for like 96 dollars, anyone know of somewhere I can get one cheaper? All feed back is appreciated!

Smalltownfishfriend
I would check Craigslist! There are usually a lot of nice tanks for decently cheap!

GuppyGuy007
The best place to get them would definitely be used or at petco $1 per gallon sale. Online is probably the worst place to buy one because they are so big and heavy, so they cost a lot to ship, which is why they are so expensive online.

CaptainAquatics
Hi! Thanks for all the replies! I probrally should have specified that I am looking for a 20 gallon aquarium kit! Ill go check out craigslist! Thank you all again!

Aqua Hands
36 gallon biocube?

CaptainAquatics
Yep! Aqua Hands I have a 36 gallon biocube!

Aqua Hands
Hold up When did they come out with that. I only knew about the 14 16 29 32

GuppyGuy007
Petsmart has a 20 gallon kit on sale,
It includes:
Tank
Lid
Light
Filter
Heater
And net I think.
I think its 76 bucks

FishKeeperRyan
Go to petco only $20

GuppyGuy007
Go to petco only $20
He would still need to buy LIGHTS, lid, filter, heater, and buying the kit is worth it more than everything seperately.

CaptainAquatics
Hold up When did they come out with that. I only knew about the 14 16 29 32
IDK when it came out but I have one!

It includes:
Tank
Lid
Light
Filter
Heater
And net I think.
I think its 76 bucks
Thanks! Unfortunatlly the closest pet smart is like an hour away (my only LFS is petco) But a 20 gallon kit ON SALE is DEFENATALY worth it! Thanks

It includes:
Tank
Lid
Light
Filter
Heater
And net I think.
I think its 76 bucks
Do you possibly know when the sale ends? I wanna make sure I don't miss it? Thanks

GuppyGuy007
Not sure....
I know they will ship it, I don't know the cost of shipping though.

ExpertBeginnerHA
Sorry! I am deleting this because I just found out I cannot post to trade, sell or buy as a new member until I reach 50 posts!

Good luck in your search!

Check out chewy too!

Amazon doesn't have great deals (shocking) on fish tanks from what I found. I worked coupons and sales at PetSmart!

CaptainAquatics
Oh my! No problem. I don't mind saying I am in Virginia if that helps at all. I am very new to this site so if there is a way to send me private messages and I happen to be close to you, just send me a message if interested! I actually just posted in one of my threads now that my emergency is over, that I need help figuring out how to use this site and where everything is as a beginner.

Good luck in your search if I can't help you! Both of mine are complete sets BTW Lights, heater, lid, Water filter. I can even throw in decor, as I am getting rid of tons of tanks and have more decor than I can even keep in my 75gallon's stand cabinets!
Why thank you but sadly I don't live near there.... Thank you anyways!

tropez
Hi! Thanks for all the replies! I probrally should have specified that I am looking for a 20 gallon aquarium kit! Ill go check out craigslist! Thank you all again!

Kits aren't all that.
I bought a PetSmart 29 Gal Topfin Starter Kit and ended up just using the aquarium itself.
The lid was , a plastic black hood that covered the entire top. I replaced this with my own custom glass lid made from some trim and scrap glass found at Lowes.
The light was , smaller than the width of the tank, attached to the crappy hood. I replaced this with a Finnex Planted Plus 24/7 CC that covered the entire top of the tank and provided much better light.
It came with a crummy HOB filter. I replaced this with two sponge filters and a couple of air pumps.
It came with a crummy thermometer. I added a digital one.

The only reason I bought this "kit" vs just the aquarium itself was due to a sale PetSmart was having. They had kits for 50% off so it was $60 (I think) for the entire kit and the regular glass aquarium would have cost me more at the time.

Personally, I'd get a good deal on the aquarium then but the few additional parts you need that make up a fully functioning tank.

Hunter1
I have bought kits and ended up upgrading almost everything. Cheaper in the long run to buy the tank at Petco and buy the individual items on Amazon.

But if you just want to get the tank up and running, the kits work.

I have like 4 hoods, several filters, stored for I don’t know why.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Terabyte
Replies
Views
FLDawna
Replies
Views
nobettasinbowls
Replies
Views