Where To Find Nerites!?

emmysjj
I have looked everywhere for either tiger nerites or red racer nerites. I have found one but it would cost $30 to ship here and purchase. Any good sources? My local stores have really unhealthy ones.

emmysjj
I tried Aquatic Carts but they cost SO much.

live4wetsleeves
Try asking your LFS if they’ll do a custom order. That’s the only way I buy from mine, otherwise the fish will get unhealthy in a matter of days. My question is, how can you tell the snails are unhealthy? I hate ordering fish online, it’s risky and you pay so much money. My LFS doesn’t charge me any extra for custom orders and they just call me when the shipment comes in so the fish don’t spend any more than a couple hours in their tanks.

emmysjj
The only close store is PetSmart. Is it worth the ask? I only saw two that I wanted, they were tigers. One was upside down, and the other was next to a trumpet snail and a dead ghost shrimp.

live4wetsleeves
The only close store is PetSmart. Is it worth the ask? I only saw two that I wanted, they were tigers. One was upside down, and the other was next to a trumpet snail and a dead ghost shrimp.

I’d say it’s worth the ask. Snails are pretty hard to kill and my guess is that as long as one is alive, it’ll be fine after getting a little bit of food. However, it’ll be safer to wait until they get a shipment or you can ask if they’ll do a special order. My local FS is Petco, and they just add whatever fish I want to the order and about a week later I get a phone call and I go pick them up.

emmysjj
Do you think they might have the red racers or tiger in their supplier?

live4wetsleeves
Do you think they might have the red racers or tiger in their supplier?

I haven’t the slightest clue. It’s definitely possible but you’d just need to ask.

FishGirl38
The LFS where I work gets olive nerite snails in basically 24/7. We get zebra, sun, thorn, black racer, and onion nerites in every few weeks or so as well. We're near Cleveland OH.

emmysjj
Lucky! I'm no where near Ohio, unfrotunatly.

FishGirl38
Lucky! I'm no where near Ohio, unfrotunatly.
We get shipments from all over the place though (from Los Angeles to the Philippines), So maybe your LFS order's shipments from similar suppliers? wouldn't hurt to ask your LFS or chain stores if nerites were available for them to order. They're a great algae eater, AND they won't breed like mad in your tank. super easy to sell.

CanadianJoeh
Try asking your LFS if they’ll do a custom order. That’s the only way I buy from mine, otherwise the fish will get unhealthy in a matter of days. My question is, how can you tell the snails are unhealthy? I hate ordering fish online, it’s risky and you pay so much money. My LFS doesn’t charge me any extra for custom orders and they just call me when the shipment comes in so the fish don’t spend any more than a couple hours in their tanks.
Generally it's not the store that's unhealthy, it's the fish suppliers that give them unhealthy fish, which then turn the Petsmart or Petco into a breeding ground for diseases....

suters05
The LFS where I work gets olive nerite snails in basically 24/7. We get zebra, sun, thorn, black racer, and onion nerites in every few weeks or so as well. We're near Cleveland OH.
Which fish store? I live on the west side and am looking for some colorful nerites.

Marzahtha
I bought my Nerite from Petco and kept it in my QT for 45 days.

FishGirl38
Which fish store? I live on the west side and am looking for some colorful nerites.
The store is RMS aquaculture in Middleburg hts. You may want to call ahead of time to make sure we have what you're looking for in stock, Ive been on the register and unfortunately haven't seen the stock in a few days. We also have a request list for live aquatics, so if we don't have what you're looking for in stock, you can have someone mark it down nd if its avialiable via our breeders, well order it in for the next shipment. The number is 216-433-1340 and were open from 11am to 8pm everyday except for sundays. Sundays were open from 11-6.

FishGirl38
Something else Id like to add....RMS is currently hosting a sale on API freshwater and saltwater master test kits. We're asking $18.95 per kit for the month of Nov. That's cheaper than purchasing it online!

So, if you don't have one nd live near cleveland. Come visit us this month! .

WinterSoldier.
Try this place. They have TONS of nerite and other kinds of snails.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
dwarfpufferlover
Replies
Views
bettapeixe28
  • Question
Replies
Views
Gracelovesbettas
Replies