Where to find good quality driftwood?

1. codyrex97 Well Known Member Member

As the title says :3 where do y'all get driftwood from!? Is there driftwood that I don't have to boil and such? Pre-treated I suppose? I see wood in use at petco but...not really into using stuff out of their tanks.

2. Nicoldeme Member Member

Yeah, I know what you mean about Petco tanks ;:barf
    There's a lot of good places online, depending on what type of wood you want. I got mine off the internet (Was a gift, not exactly sure where from, but definitely from the internet ;) ) You could also get some from off here, I believe. There's so many people on here, I would be surprised if there wasn't at least ten people dismantling a tank and giving away everything inside it right now.
    I, personally, would just buy wood from Petco or where ever else, because if you just boil it, it'll be free from disease and parasites. You won't have to worry as long as you give it a nice, long bath :)
    If you really don't want to boil it, ordering online is really your best bet. Just make extra sure the wood you order has not been in tank with fish, and specifically says somewhere it has been boiled.
    Wish you luck! :)

3. codyrex97 Well Known Member Member

Thanks I'll look around online!

4. Nicoldeme Member Member

Welcome :)