10 Gallon Tank Where to find ember tetras?

Robinn

Hello!

After my betta passed away I've had an empty 10g sitting around. I've been giving it ammonia to continue cycling it but I think I'm ready to give it some new fish. I was sort of thinking of getting some tetras since I like their schooling aspect and ember tetras seem to be pretty nice for a 10g. However, I can't find them anywhere, at least not through my online searching--I'd have to get them shipped, which I'd prefer not to do. Any tips?

If ember tetras really are rarer than I thought, are there any other tetras that would work in a 10g? I've heard conflicting ideas on neons but I think I'd generally prefer for the fish to have more room than be closer to the minimum.

Thanks in advance!

ghostdawg

My local Petsmart & Petco always have ETs. There are times they are out but get more within the next week or two!

Upvote 0

Robinn

My local Petsmart & Petco always have ETs. There are times they are out but get more within the next week or two!

Thank you; I'll have to keep an eye out next time I'm over there!

Upvote 0

Dippiedee

Cant really help with the 'where' but alternatives could be dwarf neon green rasboras, celestial pearl danios or sparkling gourami

Upvote 0

ProudPapa

10 for $20.00 at Aqua Huna (Ember Tetra - 10 pack). I don't remember what the shipping is, but it's less than most online sellers. I've ordered from them several times and been happy with the results.

Upvote 0

ProudPapa

Cant really help with the 'where' but alternatives could be dwarf neon green rasboras, celestial pearl danios or sparkling gourami

. . . or Emerald Dwarf Rasboras.

Upvote 0

Shambhalaubie

Hello!

After my betta passed away I've had an empty 10g sitting around. I've been giving it ammonia to continue cycling it but I think I'm ready to give it some new fish. I was sort of thinking of getting some tetras since I like their schooling aspect and ember tetras seem to be pretty nice for a 10g. However, I can't find them anywhere, at least not through my online searching--I'd have to get them shipped, which I'd prefer not to do. Any tips?

If ember tetras really are rarer than I thought, are there any other tetras that would work in a 10g? I've heard conflicting ideas on neons but I think I'd generally prefer for the fish to have more room than be closer to the minimum.

Thanks in advance!

I have Ember tetras in my aquarium, 8 of them plus 5 Bloodfin tetras, the Embers max size is smaller (about 0.8 inches) than the Bloodfins (about 2 1/4 inches). Embers don't need much room, so you can have a few in a 10 gallon. I found them at my LFS, sometimes they don't have them, but usually they are back in stock quite quickly. I did lose 3 of the Embers out of 11, so keep your receipt at least you can get them replaced (if your LFS does that).

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
10 Gallon Tank Inactive Ember Tetras?
Replies
Views
AltVzn
  • Question
Replies
Views
Newbie1234
Replies