Where to buy stand online?

peddidle

I've been trying to get a new tank since right around the time COVID hit our area. Because of store closures, shipment delays, etc., I'm still dawdling with trying to figure out how big of a tank to get and whether to buy an ensemble or buy the tank and stand separate (Petsmart hasn't had their usual 75g here for weeks or months now). Besides Petsmart and Petco, what other places are good for purchasing stands online? I've looked at Walmart, Target, Wayfair, and Amazon -- they all only carry either small stands (20g) or the same ones as Petsmart and Petco. For tanks, I'm trying to decide between 55g or 75g. Building my own stand is out of the question. I'm looking for a price tag of up to $250ish.

david1978

No idea on the stands but I have both 55 and 75 gallon tanks. I would pick the 75 every time since its 18 inches wide vs 12. That extra 6 inches means alot as far as fish size an aquascaping.

Upvote 0

peddidle

No idea on the stands but I have both 55 and 75 gallon tanks. I would pick the 75 every time since its 18 inches wide vs 12. That extra 6 inches means alot as far as fish size an aquascaping.
Yep, that's exactly the detail I keep coming back to, but I'm pricing them both out for the "hubster" so he can see the cost difference (not that he gets to actually have any say in the matter, though, haha). The other option I'm looking at is a 54g corner ensemble, which has a few points I like about it: (1) fits perfectly in my office without moving furniture and still leaving room for additional small tanks (quarantine, bettas, whatever), (2) it has width (I really like the idea of width/depth), and (3) I already have some suitable equipment for it (filter and heater). I just didn't include it in my post since it already comes with a stand.

Upvote 0

Utar

Build your own, I have done this twice now. It is not hard with basic power tools like skill saw, a powered miter saw is preferable. There are several youtube videos on how to do this. You can customize to fit your needs. You can even use the same paneling that is in your house to match your stand into your room.

Here is the two that I have built.
29 gallon stand
You must be registered to see images

55 gallon

Upvote 0

peddidle

Build your own, I have done this twice now. It is not hard with basic power tools like skill saw, a powered miter saw is preferable. There are several youtube videos on how to do this. You can customize to fit your needs. You can even use the same paneling that is in your house to match your stand into your room.

Here is the two that I have built.
29 gallon stand

55 gallon

Building my own stand is out of the question.

I think it's great that some people are able to build their own stands. However, some of us can't for a variety of reasons.

Upvote 0

Utar

I think it's great that some people are able to build their own stands. However, some of us can't for a variety of reasons.
Do you know someone that can build one for you?

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
slayer5590
Replies
Views
Liability
Replies
Views
Maikeer
Replies