Where to buy live foods?

Brizburk

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Who is a reliable source for quality live foods such as grindal worms and others?

sfeath

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Brizburk said:
Who is a reliable source for quality live foods such as grindal worms and others?
Always check LFS first, and not the big chains but the ones that are only in your area :) I haven't gotten any live foods online yet so I can't help you there :(

forgot to add, sometimes YOU are the best source of quality live food! setting up a daphina or shrimp breeding tank or growing microworms might be a little bit extra work, but your fish will usually love it!

OP
Brizburk

Brizburk

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
sfeath said:
Always check LFS first, and not the big chains but the ones that are only in your area :) I haven't gotten any live foods online yet so I can't help you there :(

forgot to add, sometimes YOU are the best source of quality live food! setting up a daphina or shrimp breeding tank or growing microworms might be a little bit extra work, but your fish will usually love it!
I do grow grindal worms however the culture isn't large enough and my extremely picky eaters don't always eat them. And yes I tried my lfs first but none of them sell live. I drove a long long way to buy live blackworms but they all died within hours which tells me they weren't quality

New Threads