Question Where to Buy Goldfish Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim_w

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Has anyone bought a fish online and if so, through what website?
What was the experience like and would you use that website again?

I want to be able to recommend to my blog readers a few good places/sites to purchase high quality goldfish. I know many local pet stores stock nice healthy goldfish but I find it is rare to find a show quality goldfish.

OP
T

tim_w

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Yeah not the common or feeder goldfish but the fancy breeds of goldfish; the ones that you would be upset if you had even one die in transport. (shubunkin, fantail, ryukin, veiltail, oranda, telescope, moor, ect) I myself really like the Panda Butterfly Telescope.

OP
T

tim_w

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Thanks for the info. The added cost of shipping is certainly something to take into consideration. I don't think I'll recommend this for the novice hobbyists. It would be better for me to find or create a directory of local dealers.

Elvishswimmer

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
My first goldfish were from Raingarden! I bought them in December and they are living happily in my tank right now.
They are absolutely terrific and guarantee their fish to arrive healthy. Steve is a very pleasant guy to deal with and will answer any question you want, whether it is care or shipping questions.

I was a bit nervous about it being my first fish, but I had be researching Goldfish for 2 years prior (I really wanted them) so I was willing to spend the extra money to get the perfect fish I wanted.

Goldfish connection has auctions sometimes too. They are some really top quality fish though, some go over $200.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom