Where to Buy Goldfish Online? Question

Discussion in 'Goldfish' started by tim_w, Apr 5, 2010.

1. t

tim_w New Member Member

Has anyone bought a fish online and if so, through what website?
    What was the experience like and would you use that website again?

I want to be able to recommend to my blog readers a few good places/sites to purchase high quality goldfish. I know many local pet stores stock nice healthy goldfish but I find it is rare to find a show quality goldfish.

2. gremlin

gremlin Well Known Member Member

I've never bought any online. Mine are all the feeder goldfish. Are you talking about the "regular" goldfish or the fancy goldfish?

3. OP
    OP
    t

tim_w New Member Member

Yeah not the common or feeder goldfish but the fancy breeds of goldfish; the ones that you would be upset if you had even one die in transport. (shubunkin, fantail, ryukin, veiltail, oranda, telescope, moor, ect) I myself really like the Panda Butterfly Telescope.

4. Shine

Shine Well Known Member Member

I'd try one of these sites:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  5. OP
    OP
    t

tim_w New Member Member

Thanks for the info. The added cost of shipping is certainly something to take into consideration. I don't think I'll recommend this for the novice hobbyists. It would be better for me to find or create a directory of local dealers.

6. Elvishswimmer

Elvishswimmer Valued Member Member

My first goldfish were from Raingarden! I bought them in December and they are living happily in my tank right now.
    They are absolutely terrific and guarantee their fish to arrive healthy. Steve is a very pleasant guy to deal with and will answer any question you want, whether it is care or shipping questions.

I was a bit nervous about it being my first fish, but I had be researching Goldfish for 2 years prior (I really wanted them) so I was willing to spend the extra money to get the perfect fish I wanted.

Goldfish connection has auctions sometimes too. They are some really top quality fish though, some go over $200.

7. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Tim_w and Welcome to Fish Lore!
    Ken

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice