Where To Buy Dwarf Seahorses Online Other Than Liveaquaria

Lollipop0912

I can't seem to find anywhere that sells these guys other than live aquaria. For 6 seahorses, that bill comes out to over 200! Anyhow, any suggestions?

maggie thecat

Ebay has several vendors and price points.

Lorekeeper

Ebay is your next best bet, IMO.

That said, be careful. Check ratings, and make sure reviews are good (and not faked). Dwarf seahorses are delicate enough that a bad retailer shipping them to you makes pretty certain that they'll die.

I also gotta ask - you've done your research on them, right? You're prepared to feed them live brine, have their own tank set up (and cycled), and have made sure there's nothing else in the tank that could hurt them?

Lollipop0912

Lorekeeper said:
Ebay is your next best bet, IMO.

That said, be careful. Check ratings, and make sure reviews are good (and not faked). Dwarf seahorses are delicate enough that a bad retailer shipping them to you makes pretty certain that they'll die.

I also gotta ask - you've done your research on them, right? You're prepared to feed them live brine, have their own tank set up (and cycled), and have made sure there's nothing else in the tank that could hurt them?
I have done about 3 years of reaserch on them. I have already done a practice run of hatching baby brine and it went super successfully. They have a 10 gallon cycled tank. It was treated with a dewormer to kill hydroids rock anemones and some other pests I don't want. Thanks for the recommendations and the concern.

Lorekeeper

No offense meant at all. I know it was also outside the scope of your question as well, so sorry about that. It's just pretty common for people to get seahorses (especially dwarfs) without realizing how much special care they need, and it's often easier to be skeptical of people rather than assuming they know everything.

I'm so very glad you've done your research, and I wish you luck in seahorse-keeping!

Lollipop0912

Lorekeeper,
Does this look like a good seller?

I really hope so!

Lollipop0912

Lorekeeper said:
No offense meant at all. I know it was also outside the scope of your question as well, so sorry about that. It's just pretty common for people to get seahorses (especially dwarfs) without realizing how much special care they need, and it's often easier to be skeptical of people rather than assuming they know everything.

I'm so very glad you've done your research, and I wish you luck in seahorse-keeping!
Of course. There was absalutely no offense taken. Honestly, I’m glad that you asked. I agree with you. People (myself in the beginning.) can sometimes buy fish without knowing how to care for them. I really want to make sure that if I get these guys, I know how to care for them. Thanks for the speedy replies.

Lorekeeper

That seller looks good, nothing but positive reviews.

Latest threads

Top Bottom