Where To Buy Centipede Knifefish Question

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by KeyboardCat, Apr 25, 2018.

1. KeyboardCat

KeyboardCat Valued Member Member

In a few months, I'm planning on buying some centipede knifefish, as a lot of my stocking from my current tanks are moving to a larger or different aquarium, and I'm going to have to restock them. Do you know of any good sites to order them from, that don't charge more than 20$ each (my budget for them is about 170-180$).

2. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Since they're so uncommon, you're unlikely to find them for cheap unless they're tiny. I'd message WetSpot and ask if they can get any in.

3. chromedome52

chromedome52 Fishlore VIP Member

Just out of curiosity, is there a scientific name attached to this "centipede knifefish"? I've never heard that as a common name before.

4. OP
    OP
    KeyboardCat

Yes. It's Steatogenys duidae. They're a strange knifefish, considering that they prefer to be in groups of 6+.

5. chromedome52

chromedome52 Fishlore VIP Member

After looking at some photos, I see where the name came from. Very interesting appearance. Hope you can find some.

6. OP
    OP
    KeyboardCat

I did find some for sale, but they're out of stock now. Hopefully they're back in stock by next spring.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice