Where To Buy Blood Parrot Fish in Brisbane Australia?

macca

I live in brissy if that helps but would pay for postage. Thanks.

ryanr

HI Macca,
I haven't seen them in Australia

kimsmurray

try the guy in keysborough melbourne he gets all those hard to get cichlids so give him a call he has an online shop to and does post

LyndaB

Do you have ebay over there? I love my BP's so much, I'd feel really bad if they were unavailable to someone.

macca

try the guy in keysborough melbourne he gets all those hard to get cichlids so give him a call he has an online shop to and does post

Do you know his contact? website? Thanks.

kimsmurray

keysbourough aquarium ph03) 9798 3668

macca

Do you have ebay over there? I love my BP's so much, I'd feel really bad if they were unavailable to someone.

Hey lyndaB. Yeah we've got ebay. I'd really like to have assorted colours of blood parrots but until literally a fews hrs ago, I've learnt that blood parrots are genetically made by man and illegal in some countries.

keysbourough aquarium ph03) 9798 3668

Thanks bud!

Aquarist

Hello,

starhanging.gifI have removed the photo of the dyed Bloody Parrot due to copyright issues. If the photos are not ones that you have personally taken then they cannot be posted to Fish Lore. Please post the link to the photo and let the members look it up for themselves. I have contacted you previously about this matter via Visitor Messages.

As for the fish in the photo that you had posted, most of them were dyed. A true Bloody Parrot is orange as a full grown adult. Dyed fish may have a much shorter life span compared to fish that have not been dyed. Too, this is said to be a very painful process for the fish and many look upon the process as cruel and inhumane.

Please do not purchase dyed fish.

Thanks!

Ken

macca

Hello,

starhanging.gifI have removed the photo of the dyed Bloody Parrot due to copyright issues. If the photos are not ones that you have personally taken then they cannot be posted to Fish Lore. Please post the link to the photo and let the members look it up for themselves. I have contacted you previously about this matter via Visitor Messages.

As for the fish in the photo that you had posted, most of them were dyed. A true Bloody Parrot is orange as a full grown adult. Dyed fish may have a much shorter life span compared to fish that have not been dyed. Too, this is said to be a very painful process for the fish and many look upon the process as cruel and inhumane.

Please do not purchase dyed fish.

Thanks!

Ken

No worries. I though pictures that were actually trademarked were prohibited. Message understood.

Yeah I recently found out about dyed parrot fish which is the reason I will be avoiding them.

Thanks Ken.

Aquarist

Hello,

I had purchased some dyed Bloody Parrots prior to my joining Fish Lore and before I knew better. The dye faded within a few months and the fish became the natural orange color that they should be. Too, they lived for a few years but sadly I do not have them today. I have other Bloody Parrots that I purchased at the same time and they are still alive and 13 years old.

Thanks for understanding!

Ken

badrad

There is also another disgusting practice where some sellers try to market heart shape blood parrots. They actually chop off the tail, so that the bp looks like a heart with its remaining fins.

Similar Aquarium Threads

J
Replies
Views
JB92668
Replies
Views
Joshua G
  • Question
Replies
Views
Redroofinn