Where To Buy Betta Fish

1. EBR55

EBR55 Member Member

Where can I buy beautiful, show quality BettaFish (or pairs) for sale (online)? I’ve seen that the Thailand imports are very pretty(I posted this again because the last thread didn’t go anywhere)

2. KinsKicks

KinsKicks Fishlore VIP Member

Hello!

Have your tried AquaBid? Some lovely Bettas there :)

3. luckdown

luckdown Member Member

When I got my thailand imports I got them through eBay. Imports get extremely expensive though just so you know. But honestly they've been more than worth it.

Aquabid is probably a better way to get them but I've personally never used it.

4. Mcasella

Mcasella Fishlore VIP Member

Aquabid is going to be better than ebay for this because they aren't being charged for listing the betta and they aren't asking 100$ for a pair of betta.
    Figure out what you want in a betta and start hunting, sometimes they come in and out of favor depending on when they are bred and how many flood the market.

Importing isn't terrible, just use one of the more reputed transhippers (pretty much I wouldn't use the one in CO or further west, the only one i have never had issues with is Jessie in Florida, no fish have been killed by his hand or arrived dead, his shipping is more reasonable than the others as well and his timeline for shipping is pretty easy and laid out).

5. Phil4Fish

Phil4Fish Initiate Member

I would also be one to recommend Aquabid. I have not used them personally, but I have heard quite a bit of good feedback from friends, relatives and the YouTubers I watch.

You may also want to check some local fish stores (LFS) if you feel the bigger chains (Petsmart and Petco) don't have what you are looking for.

6. KinsKicks

KinsKicks Fishlore VIP Member

Julie Tran is pretty good for those of us on the west. My only qualm is that she isn’t the greatest when answering questions on phone or email before actually having your fish (not too big of a deal, depending on who you are, I’ve tried a few other transshippers, and most don’t do this either) but once she does, it very smooth sailing. Fish always packed well :) she’s my go to