Where to buy aquarium?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by viv1d, Jul 17, 2015.

1. v

viv1d New Member Member

I am looking for a 150 Gallon tank that measures exactly 72x20x24. My local fish store only offers a 72x18.5x29.5 Aqueon. I have no idea where to get one from, any help would be appreciated.
    By the way I am in Louisiana, but I wouldn't mind finding a place that shipped.

2. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

Welcome to Fishlore!

Can you ask your fish store if they can order one for you? Most stores are usually good about things like this.

3. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassion Moderator Moderator Member

I would check craigslist

4. AquaticBrandon

AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

Welcome to Fishlore :)
    I agree, check on Craigslist. There's a lot of good deals on there. You can also try FB groups

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

5. SnyperTodd

SnyperTodd Valued Member Member

You may have to have one custom made for you. Aquarium dimensions are pretty well standardized and the Aqueon tank you looked at is the standard 150 gallon size most manufacturers build. There is a tall 150 but it's only 4' long.
    Good luck

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

6. EricV

EricV Fishlore VIP Member

can make you pretty much whatever you need

7. OP
    OP
    v

viv1d New Member Member

Not really looking for a used tank, and I've heard mixed reviews from glasscages. Their 150s are 200 more than aqueons.

8. EricV

EricV Fishlore VIP Member

I don't know how their prices compare as small standard tanks suit my needs. I just know they can build a tank to a custom size and ship it.

9. M

MtnTiger Well Known Member Member

I not going to buy any used tanks either, not due to any reviews it's just because I do like the idea of it.

Petco and Walmart have large tanks (in excess of 150 gal) that can be ordered on-line. They are freight delivered to curbside so you need to have some way of getting them into your abode. One offers delivery into the house for an $100 but I can't remember which.

But I think the best way is to get a deal with a local LFS and work in free delivery.

10. BDpups

BDpups Well Known Member Member

These guys will build you one.  
    Glass cages will too.  

There are a few places that will make you a custom tank. Look around the web to find them.

Bad reviews always get more attention than good ones. I have tanks from both these places and would recommend them.

Or, you can build one yourself too.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice