Where to apply for a sturgeon license?

CasperW

Deos anyone know where to apply for a sturgeon licence. I recently built a larger koi pond and i am looking at getting a few when the next season comes

Patpatthepat

I think it depends on which state you’re in. If you’re in Michigan, I volunteer at the Belle Isle Aquarium and they have sturgeon. I could ask the aquarists there.

mimo91088

My completely uneducated guess is that it would vary by state. Try contacting your local DCR. I bet if it's not them, they could at least point you in the right direction.

CasperW

I'm from Scotland so i assume there is different U.K. rules

Patpatthepat

CasperW said:
I'm from Scotland so i assume there is different U.K. rules
Oops shouldn’t have assumed. Some good news is that according to this UK government website, you don’t need a license.
There are some conditions, but unless you’re importing the sturgeons yourself, you should be fine.

emeraldking

Don't they have them at garden centers? At least, overhere we do...

CasperW

emeraldking said:
Don't they have them at garden centers? At least, overhere we do...
They do however I'm very sure you need a liscence to prove you won't release them into the wild as they are invasive and obviously get to nearly a metre so lots of people probably might have bought them small and not have money for the tens of thousands of litres u need

emeraldking

CasperW said:
They do however I'm very sure you need a liscence to prove you won't release them into the wild as they are invasive and obviously get to nearly a metre so lots of people probably might have bought them small and not have money for the tens of thousands of litres u need
There's a red list overhere and the sturgeon is on it. But we don't need to have a license to keep a sturgeon.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom