Where Should I Start My Search?

JackA99
I currently have two starter kit tanks, aqueon brand I think, that I want to get new hoods for so I can upgrade my lighting. Anyone have any suggestions of where I could find glass hood or should just any hood work?

LunaSky
I don’t use tips on my tanks but glass hoods are very easy and cheap. You can find them at any LFS.

Sanderguy777
Aqueon, their service department, Ebay, Amazon.
I personally like Amazon the best, but they have a limited selection on some things...

max h
Drs. Foster and Smith has a good selection of Aqueon and Marineland glass hoods.

SixThreeOh
Petsmart or Petco should have glass tops.

max h
It's actually cheaper to buy online especially if you qualify for the free shipping.

Sanderguy777
What size are you looking for?

If you just want function not form (ugly thing that keeps fish in), you could get a price of acrylic from Home Depot or Lowe's, cheap and effective.

JackA99
Thanks for all the responses. Should any lid work or only aqueon brand ones? The piece of a acrylic is tempting but long run I think I would rather go with a hinged lid.

WTFish?
I second drs foster and smith. It’s aquaeon brand, fits most tanks and cheap.

max h
Thanks for all the responses. Should any lid work or only aqueon brand ones? The piece of a acrylic is tempting but long run I think I would rather go with a hinged lid.

Measure the openings and then select the appropriate size, most of the time the hoods fit the standard sized tanks. I have some older oddball size tanks and because of heat issues I just went ahead and bought a $12 piece of egg crate for light fixtures and cut to fit. Works great, helps cool the tank and keeps the fish in.

JackA99
Thanks for all the info. Just found out it is marineland not aqueon I think I may try to find something local before I buy online but good to know that if the size is right it should work for the tank.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
vskfish
Replies
Views
AquaticQueen
Replies
Views
NavyChief20
Replies
Views