Where should i start breeding ?

ronananator

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
ok I'm new to this website abisully but I'm here to stay I recognise that its a nice community and I would like to be a part of this. just incase from of u think I'm just comeing here for help and then leaving.

ok first off these are my tanks :
My tanks set up!

Top Left tank = 15 litre 1 rainbow shark (recovering from led poisining) will be upgrading to 57 when he is better( on his own): heater/filter

Top left tank = 54 litre tank with two gold fish and 4 white cloud mountains and one small sucker fish : no heater has filter

Bottom left tank = 1 gallon/5 litre 0 fish : no heater/filter has /has air pump/ornament

so I guess u have noticed iv got a breeding tank for about 1 gallon which is quit small the tank only right now has ornament and a air pump I was thinking on breeding white cloud mountains in this tank for just a try but I was woundering will I need to get a heater for this tank. if so what else could I breed in this tank

if I was able to breed the white cloud mountains could I just identafie male/female from bigger tank and put them in the small one and let them at it? our will I have to buy a breeding pair from locale store/

OUR should I get some guppies and put them in with the rainbow fish to breed lol ? I'm assuming bad idea I just want some suggestions on what to do ?

p.s with the fish I breed I will be probly giving selling them to the shop our giving away our maby buy a nice big tank for them ?

Thanks a million don't forget to leave a comment every little helps for a newbie like me

Charlemagne

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
HI Ronananator! Welcome to Fish Lore! According to the link below, White Clouds need a temperature around 68 to breed.
https://www.fishlore.com/Profiles-WhiteClouds.htm
If it were me, I might get a heater just to make sure the temperature remains constant, but this may not be necessary. I don't really know much about White Clouds, I'm just going off what the article said. Someone should be along to help you more shortly! Hope this helps!

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
HI and welcome to the site. I would focus on getting larger tanks before trying to breed anything. 2 goldfish and 4 white clouds in a 14 gallon tank is extremely overstocked.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning,

I have moved your thread to the Breeding Fish section of the forum.

Thanks!

Ken

jenste

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hi
I saw you on another fish forum with an older thread.

The people here are just a knowledgeable on fish keeping and tank maintenance as the other site - joining a new forum is wonderful IF you take the advice.

you will see a patterning regarding
1) the size of the goldfish tank is WAY too small
2) you are not ready for breeding, this is not something a beginner in fish keeping should jump in to
3) learn about cycling a tank and the Nitrogen Cycle
4) we need to identify what species of "sucker fish" you have in the 14 gallon with goldfish and 4 wcmm (again, way over stocked!)
5) the shark will need a larger tank than the under 20 you have planned for him

you need to always plan for the fish's adult size potential - when you buy them in the store they are very very young and no where near their full size.

New Threads