where should i buy them from

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuffPuff

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Im not so sure anymore, not that i have anything against petstore chains (petco,petsmart) but i have many local LFS that are more knowledgeable then the chain stores and possible have healthier fish. should i just pay the extra money and go to my local LFS for some simple tetra's and guppies or should i just go to my local chain store instead for almost half the price.

FishesInTank

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
your local LFS should get extra money because they keep the fish healthy and for knowing about the fishies lol, u might buy from your local LFS

The Owner of Good Fishes and Killing Fishes group

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I always support the independants, as a rule you get better advice & service & if you build a good relationship with them then you often get a better deal.

OP
PuffPuff

PuffPuff

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
you both make a good point. being a college student and all i seek to get more for your buck is a better option. perhaps not with fish keeping.

SnyperTodd

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I usually buy from my 1 and only LFS because it's a great place and the owner is very knowledgeable. He will take fish in on trade and give generous store credit, which is how I got a couple of fantastic hand-fed Red Irian rainbowfish that outgrew someone's tank. Also, say he has 7 lemon tetras in a tank, and you ask for 6, he'll usually throw the last one in for free. He's done that for me a few times, one or two extra schooling fish for free. Great place.

Oh, and the nearest chain pet store is almost an hour away...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom