where should i buy them from

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PuffPuff, Jul 11, 2015.

1. PuffPuff

PuffPuff Well Known Member Member

Im not so sure anymore, not that i have anything against petstore chains (petco,petsmart) but i have many local LFS that are more knowledgeable then the chain stores and possible have healthier fish. should i just pay the extra money and go to my local LFS for some simple tetra's and guppies or should i just go to my local chain store instead for almost half the price.

2. FishesInTank

FishesInTank Valued Member Member

your local LFS should get extra money because they keep the fish healthy and for knowing about the fishies lol, u might buy from your local LFS

The Owner of Good Fishes and Killing Fishes group

3. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

I always support the independants, as a rule you get better advice & service & if you build a good relationship with them then you often get a better deal.

4. OP
    OP
    PuffPuff

you both make a good point. being a college student and all i seek to get more for your buck is a better option. perhaps not with fish keeping.

5. SnyperTodd

SnyperTodd Valued Member Member

I usually buy from my 1 and only LFS because it's a great place and the owner is very knowledgeable. He will take fish in on trade and give generous store credit, which is how I got a couple of fantastic hand-fed Red Irian rainbowfish that outgrew someone's tank. Also, say he has 7 lemon tetras in a tank, and you ask for 6, he'll usually throw the last one in for free. He's done that for me a few times, one or two extra schooling fish for free. Great place.

Oh, and the nearest chain pet store is almost an hour away...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

6. OP
    OP
    PuffPuff

yeah i should make a good customer/lfs relationship. i forsee great deals and information. :)

7. FishesInTank

FishesInTank Valued Member Member

you should! You can get lower price if possible

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice