Where should I buy Driftwood

Zachsnanotanks

Reaction score
ShrimpKeeper said:
I want to buy cheap but good driftwood any web-sites? (I'm lokking for 7 dollars or less)

P.S PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!
What I do for drift wood is just find sticks outside and use a knife to carve off the bark and then clean them up of course I personally don't believe in buying sticks unless you live somewhere you cannot access trees

Salem

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I agree with Zach but make sure you know what kind of wood the stick is, some woods will leak things that can be harmful.

Most pet stores will have wood in the reptile section if you go to a physical store. I know aqua-bid has a lot of driftwood but I haven't checked prices in a while. You should be able to find driftwood on ebay or amazon as well but know that they may not get to you for a while and that the cheaper it is the more likely it's small.

The bigger you want the more it will cost. If you're looking for cheap I would avoid the heavier woods like mopani. It's beautiful but extremely dense.

YellowGuppy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Also, if you're keeping shrimp, you're REALLY going to want to know about the nitrogen cycle. Shrimp are highly sensitive to anomia, and your profile indicates that this is something you're unfamiliar with. Knowing how to properly cycle and maintain a tank will save you a lot of money and frustration.

nobettasinbowls

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
There is a seller on here selling lots of different driftwood for a very affordable price!

Assorted Fish And Plants Want To Sell - | Buy, Sell, Trade, Free 410425

Their prices range is $1.50-$19, for cholla, malaysian, mopani, and spiderwood. Unsure shipping price though.

I've gotten good driftwood on amazon as well.

What type of driftwood are you looking for? What look do you want? What size?

juniperlea

Well Known
Reaction score
YellowGuppy said:
AliExpress! I bought some small pieces for ≥$1 USD. $7 should get you something decent. Expect up to 60 days shipping.
Glad you mentioned AliExpress, because I've seen lots of things (fish and not fish related), very inexpensive and wondered what it is and if it's safe..... Much like evilbay, I guess?

YellowGuppy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I've used it for SO many things! Pre-filter sponges at a LFS might run you $5 each—I've purchased 5 for <$1.50 USD. I'm actually (gradually) in the process of writing an article on running a tank on a budget, and that's one key point. Shipping is generally free or negligible (I've paid 35¢ shipping sometimes) on many items. Occasionally it's cheap junk, but 95% of the time it's been awesome. (And if it's cheap junk it's easy to get at least some, if not all, of your money back!) Here's are two $1.25 pieces of driftwood I bought:

Attachments

New Threads