Where Is The Best Place To Put My Intake And Return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanks and Plants

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I am in the process of trying to setup my 33 gallon Long. I have an Fluval FX-4 for my filtration. The problem I am having Is where to place my intake and return. I would ideally what it at both ends of the tank but the hose is not long enough.

This is what my table with my tank looks like so far. Beware it is a MESS!!!

IMG_1227.JPG

IMG_1228.JPG

The FX will be under the table.

Any helpful input will be very much appreciated!

Thank you

Brandon

Aquaphobia

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
My first snark thought was, "in the tank!"

Seriously though. Can you get a male-male coupler and an extra length of hose, or just an extra long length of hose for whichever one needs the extra? Is the pump strong enough to send it the extra "mile"?

OP
Tanks and Plants

Tanks and Plants

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
My first snark thought was, "in the tank!"

Seriously though. Can you get a male-male coupler and an extra length of hose, or just an extra long length of hose for whichever one needs the extra? Is the pump strong enough to send it the extra "mile"?
I never thought about that one!

I can get extra tubing , which I looked at today but it has to be 1in tubing is too thick and can't be easily adjusted, even with whew

But what I did think about was....... that instead of the hoses going from the back, I will make them go from the front/sides, I know it's not the most best looking but if it will do its job.

Thanks for your help!

And

Keep On Planting and Tanking!

Last edited by a moderator:

BluMan1914

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
With the FX4, you will have no problem pushing water around...that thing is a monster especially for the size tank you have. You may have to turn down the flow. My opinion is to put one on each end of the tank. One good thing about the FX4 is that when you get a bigger tank (yes you will), you won't have to worry about upgrading the filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom