Where Is The Best Place To Buy Gold Nugget Plecos?

Sanderguy777
I have been looking online a bit but all I see are like $50. Is there a good online place to get them?

Lynn78too
Where are you looking? At stores or on eBay? Have you checked on craigslist? There are some local breeders that might have them. Are you close to a major city? Call around to the mom and pop stores and see if they have them. I'm pretty sure I saw them once by me but I don't remember the price.

fissh
There are 4 types of pleco called gold nugget, the more common and cheapest is L18. The other one you see often is the L177 which cost more, and has more gold color on the fins. $50 and up is not out of line for these fish. When you get into the rarer plecos , the price of the fish game goes up.

Lynn78too
There are 4 types of pleco called gold nugget, the more common and cheapest is L18. The other one you see often is the L177 which cost more, and has more gold color on the fins. $50 and up is not out of line for these fish. When you get into the rarer plecos , the price of the fish game goes up.
Interesting, I've seen on craigslist the L# and often wondered what they meant and I've seen plecos that have the same name (snoball in particular) that have different and prettier markings and never knew. Thanks!

Sanderguy777
Most likely I like the 177 or rarer lol. Haven't looked on eBay cause I'm worried it will end up not being the right one or not a reputable company. Same with Craigslist. Are there sellers on eBay that are real companies? With most things it seems like clickbait.
Saw a pleco online for $1k! Little more than my budget lol

Mcasella
Check aquabid, ebay prices are higher because they charge money per auction to be listed. I have one. I picked him up from a chain store that was starving him, I won't be able to keep him to full size so I will be selling him after he gets another inch on his length (three right now).

20180302_133841.jpeg

Sanderguy777
Pretty. Ok will look. Thanks

Nikki2577
Mcasella how much will you sell him for? I was going to get one but I didn’t want it too small. He will still have to grow out at 4” before I can put him in my 210. Will check with my LFS when and if he can go in the big tank. He is so pretty. I can’t tell but does he have the yellow tip on his dorsal fin?

Mcasella
Mcasella how much will you sell him for? I was going to get one but I didn’t want it too small. He will still have to grow out at 4” before I can put him in my 210. Will check with my LFS when and if he can go in the big tank. He is so pretty. I can’t tell but does he have the yellow tip on his dorsal fin?
He is getting more yellow the longer he is in the tank (his dorsal and tail lines were styrofoam white when I first got him, its more of a pale yellow now). He is about 3 inches right now, I was hoping to grow him out to 4 inches before I sold him. I honestly don't know if he is l018/l085 or l177 because they aren't definite on what large spots on them are (if he is l177 his max is 7-8 inches, if l018 his max is 12 inches - I believe he is l177). It is a little too cold to ship right now, but with a zip code I can give you an estimate for shipping costs (and of course ask what service you want to use). I'd take 35 for him, which is the cost of him plus gas I spent bringing him home (I couldn't leave him he was so skinny and listless, he now has a slightly fat tum and is comfortable enough to hang out on the wood structure in the tank in the open). Sorry the picture is so dark.

20180311_194123.jpeg

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
CindiL
Replies
Views
jmaldo
Top Bottom