Where do I put this?

StarGirl15

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Finally found another wood I like. Now where to put it.

I also bought a sponge filter since I have air in the tank might as well make it productive. In case I ever need a hospital tank or something.
20191020_111330.jpg
20191020_111433.jpg

Vinh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Wow! Nice piece of wood..I wish i can have it for my 20 gallons tank( not yet set up) .Glad you have it!

StarGirl15

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I just have to figure out where to put it now.....

I really suck at aquascaping....anyone? ......Please?

Silister Trench

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
StarGirl15 said:

Move your current in-tank piece slightly to the left and a little forward to the front glass. Place your new piece on the right of it with the thicker base near the back right corner, and angle it with the branchy section towards the center glass while keeping the in-tank piece slightly behind the small branches of the new piece, blending the two into a single illusionary piece. Imagine it as a tree branch that has just recently fallen into the edge of the water after a storm and go from there. It would probably look best if the hardacape was more condensed on that right side, as well as most of the plants, but you'll be able to determine that after setting the wood.

Good luck and happy 'scaping.

Vinh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
StarGirl15 said:

Watch lots of you tube aquascaping then create the fun part for yourself.As long as you enjoy it then all good .Aquascaping is fun part with no stress.Any design will be good looking with this kind of piece while it lay the same way as first pic show.It could be at center alone or more on rear right corner while the old piece is at front right side as the tank is rectangle...

StarGirl15

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I was kind of thinking of moving it but that big Anubia is fairly rooted into the gravel even though its tied to the wood. Won't the roots rot and cause problems later?

Silister Trench

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
StarGirl15 said:
I was kind of thinking of moving it but that big Anubia is fairly rooted into the gravel even though its tied to the wood. Won't the roots rot and cause problems later?
The roots won't rot. In fact, Anubias plants tend to grow roots as far as possible to find the substrate, rooting whenever it is close in order to anchor and draw nutrients, as the roots aren't as adhesive to objects like Java fern; often, Anubias plants are at their healthiest when rooted. The part that can't be planted is the Rhizome - the larger part that the leafs & roots grow from.

StarGirl15

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Silister Trench said:
The roots won't rot. In fact, Anubias plants tend to grow roots as far as possible to find the substrate, rooting whenever it is close in order to anchor and draw nutrients, as the roots aren't as adhesive to objects like Java fern; often, Anubias plants are at their healthiest when rooted. The part that can't be planted is the Rhizome - the larger part that the leafs & roots grow from.
I meant the roots that are already in the substrate that will get ripped when I move the branch. Not all will come out. It has been there awhile.

Well I moved the branch and the roots were pretty big. I'll just have to clean that area really good to see if I can get a bunch out.

StarGirl15

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
So yall this is what I did. I like the open middle tank scapes. My plants are still growing and will fill in. They were all pretty much on the sides anyway. I wanted easier to gravel vac too. I also wanted to keep my Petoskey stones in too. Any suggestions?
20191021_195645.jpg

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom