Where Do I Position My Plants 38g

Berryblue

HI everyone,

I am upgrading from my 20 gallon to 38g and really like how its shaping up so far. I bought some plants but since I am new to aquascaping, I am not sure where to place them. I am going with a low tech tank and I have an annubias in the front and planted 2 amazon swords in the very back on the right. The swords are not looking too good right now but I just put in a root tab and hopefully that will help.

I also have the following to be planted:

Crypt Lutea
Crypt Lucens
Pogostemon Stellatus Octopus
Red Rubin Sword

Do I group all of the Crypts together in one section and then the Swords together in another section or is it better to mix them in with each other? Any other ideas of easy plants that would well for my current build? I plan to have mainly Dwarf Neon Rainbowfish and Rams. I appreciate any advice out there, thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0043.jpg
    IMG_0043.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0045.jpg
    IMG_0045.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 87

Demeter

Crypts will send up runner and start new plants further away. A few cyrpts will become a few dozen if they’re happy. I’d spread them out along the mid ground. They may need root tabs too.

I’d look into getting some jungle val for the back as well. They grow tall and spread runners as well. Mine won’t die no matter what I do.

Berryblue

Thanks for those tips! I was also wondering if I should focus on positioning all of my plants to one side of the tank (like the right) versus spreading them throughout the tank.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Ravynn
Replies
Views
YoungClayB
Replies
Views
Fishyfishyfishman
Replies
Views