Where did you get your huge tank (125-150G)?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Tank Equipment' started by Heather12404, Apr 4, 2012.

1. H

Heather12404 Valued Member Member

I can't find a store that sells tanks 125-150G anywhere. So I'm wondering where you guys have gotten your big tanks from. Every website I go to that does sell big tanks it's insanely expensive.

2. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Craigslist - got the 125, complete with everything for 500 - tank, stand, glass tops, 2 double light fixtures, a wet/dry filter, a XP4 and a heater.

3. jerilovesfrogs

jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

i got mine at aquarium adventure....a large super store near me. there are a couple other stores that sell bigger tanks... Jack's aquarium and pets does. not too sure about petsmart, or petco. a lot of the time they'll sell them in the stores, but not online.

4. Jaysee

My petsmart sells 125's - I think it's like $600-700 for just the tank, stand and glass tops.

5. CichlidSWAGA

CichlidSWAGA Well Known Member Member

craigslist- 125g with 2 sumps, 3 filters, circulator, pump, stand, canopy, heaters, $300

6. Jaysee

that's an incredible deal!

7. Dino

Dino Fishlore VIP Member

3 of the 4 I have owned have come from buying whole fishrooms.
    1 was given to me, and I gave it to someone else within 4 hours.
    Nothing like the look on a kids face when you tell them that, that the 240 gallon tank over there , is their's to take home.

8. c

catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

Craigslist - $500 got me a 125 with stand, tank, canopy, 2 canisters and HOB filter, lights, 100 pounds gravel, fish I rehomed, ugly decor items, air pump, heaters, nets, etc. And they delivered it as well as set up tank and stand.

9. Jaysee

I bet I could duplicate it ;)

10. jerilovesfrogs

you have to be careful though, about making sure the tanks from craigslist, don't have leaks. buying a 20 off CL that has a leak is one thing....but finding out a 125 has one...is quite another.

11. OP
    OP
    H

Heather12404 Valued Member Member

Well if anyone wants to make my face light up and cry tears of joy......please feel free to send me a 125/150G tank with stand.

12. jerilovesfrogs

do you know how much it would cost to send a tank like that?!

13. Jaysee

Absolutely - if it's not still up and running, take the time to fill it up. I always bring my pump and python whenever I go look at a tank. Really, you should bring everything you have to get the job done - don't rely on them to have stuff. When I got my 90, it came with a MONSTER oscar. However, the guy had never had to remove the fish from the tank, so the only net he had was a tiny starter kit one.

14. e_watson09

e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

Most of the stores near me sell bigger tanks you just have to order them in.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice