Where did you get your huge tank (125-150G)?

1. Heather12404 Member Member

I can't find a store that sells tanks 125-150G anywhere. So I'm wondering where you guys have gotten your big tanks from. Every website I go to that does sell big tanks it's insanely expensive.

2. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Craigslist - got the 125, complete with everything for 500 - tank, stand, glass tops, 2 double light fixtures, a wet/dry filter, a XP4 and a heater.

3. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

i got mine at aquarium adventure....a large super store near me. there are a couple other stores that sell bigger tanks... Jack's aquarium and pets does. not too sure about petsmart, or petco. a lot of the time they'll sell them in the stores, but not online.

4. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

My petsmart sells 125's - I think it's like $600-700 for just the tank, stand and glass tops.

5. CichlidSWAGA Well Known Member Member

craigslist- 125g with 2 sumps, 3 filters, circulator, pump, stand, canopy, heaters, $300

6. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

that's an incredible deal!

7. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

3 of the 4 I have owned have come from buying whole fishrooms.
    1 was given to me, and I gave it to someone else within 4 hours.
    Nothing like the look on a kids face when you tell them that, that the 240 gallon tank over there , is their's to take home.

8. catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

Craigslist - $500 got me a 125 with stand, tank, canopy, 2 canisters and HOB filter, lights, 100 pounds gravel, fish I rehomed, ugly decor items, air pump, heaters, nets, etc. And they delivered it as well as set up tank and stand.

9. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

I bet I could duplicate it ;)

10. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

you have to be careful though, about making sure the tanks from craigslist, don't have leaks. buying a 20 off CL that has a leak is one thing....but finding out a 125 has one...is quite another.

11. Heather12404 Member Member

Well if anyone wants to make my face light up and cry tears of joy......please feel free to send me a 125/150G tank with stand.

12. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

do you know how much it would cost to send a tank like that?!

13. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Absolutely - if it's not still up and running, take the time to fill it up. I always bring my pump and python whenever I go look at a tank. Really, you should bring everything you have to get the job done - don't rely on them to have stuff. When I got my 90, it came with a MONSTER oscar. However, the guy had never had to remove the fish from the tank, so the only net he had was a tiny starter kit one.

14. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

Most of the stores near me sell bigger tanks you just have to order them in.