Where did my Danio go??

Ormarr

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently added 5 Zebra Danios to my tank (which had 3 Comet Goldfish in it). One of the Danios was quite small (half an inch or so), while the rest were bigger. After the first day, I am unable to find my small Danio. Is it possible one of the bigger Danios or one of my goldfish ate him? They would be barely big enough to do so...wondering if that type of fish are known for doing that sort of thing?

Thanks!

capekate

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
WoW.. sure hope your goldie didnt eat the lil danio Are you sure the lil thing is really gone? Ive had to look and look all over my tank for lil ones. ive found them hiding under the bubble/air wand, in between the rod and the gravel. Just laying there, thinking OHh Ohh... a tap on the glass would get him moving and I realize he was just 'cat' napping there. Maybe your guy is hiding out some where. In a plant? under a rock? hiding out from the bigger guys? I hope you find him alive and well.. and not in the belly of your goldie!

Sarcastic

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
On one occasion, presumably to hide from others, one of my littlest Danios buried himself in the substrate under a large rock. I thought he was eaten - but found him there a few days later when vacuuming the gravel.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom