Where did I go wrong?

wtusa1783

Reaction score
Did a 75% water change and things went wrong. My diy co2 was still going so with little water volume was that the problem? I lost 2 dwarf neon rainbows that I’m mad about bc I payed $9 each for them. Also I added the dechlorinator about 2 minutes after filling my 29 gal up. What did I do wrong?

Blueberrybetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Did you say you added the conditioner after you put the new water in the tank? That might be what killed them . Usually you condition the water before adding to the tank or condition the tank itself

OP
W

wtusa1783

Reaction score
Blueberrybetta said:
Did you say you added the conditioner after you put the new water in the tank? That might be what killed them . Usually you condition the water before adding to the tank or condition the tank itself
Yea I use a python so I do it when filling up. This time forgot and 2 minutes after filling I used dechlorinator

Blueberrybetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Yeah id say that was the problem. They went into shock from unchlorinated water, especially since you did a big change as 75% . Is there a reason you did such a big water change?

OP
W

wtusa1783

Reaction score
Blueberrybetta said:
Yeah id say that was the problem. They went into shock from unchlorinated water, especially since you did a big change as 75% . Is there a reason you did such a big water change?
Recommended for ick by someone. I feel so bad because I know it was my fault. This is the first time I’ve lost a fish bc of something I did.

New Threads