Where Can You Buy A 125 Gallon Aquarium For A Somewhat Low Price?

~Matt~

Reaction score
I saw that PetSmart had one with a stand and hood for $500, but I wasn’t looking to get a stand. Are there websites where I can buy new tanks for less than $500? Thanks in advance.

AmStatic

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
~Matt~ said:
I saw that PetSmart had one with a stand and hood for $500, but I wasn’t looking to get a stand. Are there websites where I can buy new tanks for less than $500? Thanks in advance.
Check Letgo.com.. I just bought a full 75 gallon with real wood stand and wood hood (guy was willing to give me his filters and lights) for $300.. after I sell my 55 gallon and stand it's gonna and up costing a total of $200 for the whole setup!

Letgo app is great.. finds stuff in your area, you can chat and talk price privately within the app.

Ive seen 125s up to 220s on there..

Good luck!
1561511425939.jpg

Nobote

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Craigslist. Ask to see it with water in it. It is after all...craigslist.

OP
~Matt~

~Matt~

Reaction score
AmStatic said:
Check Letgo.com.. I just bought a full 75 gallon with real wood stand and wood hood (guy was willing to give me his filters and lights) for $300.. after I sell my 55 gallon and stand it's gonna and up costing a total of $200 for the whole setup!

Letgo app is great.. finds stuff in your area, you can chat and talk price privately within the app.

Ive seen 125s up to 220s on there..

Good luck!
1561511425939.jpg
I’m downloading it now! I’ll keep you updated. Beautiful tank by the way.

Nobote said:
Craigslist. Ask to see it with water in it. It is after all...craigslist.
Fair point. You can fined anything on Craigslist lol.

treadingwater

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You would be surprised how many are for sale on Facebooks Marketplace. I found one for $250 that came with a canister filter, decorations and a box of extra filter supplies and a full tank cover and stand. If you don’t need a stand, you could always cover it with painted glass and use it as a console or buffet table.

CraiginWales

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Facebook Marketplace is great. Full tropical setup, 2’ x 2’ with with lights etc £50. Craigslist occasionally has some. Or if you want new(ish) you can ask your lfs for ex display tanks.

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
For cheap your best bet is used. Facebook,Craigslist and letgo all have 125s for cheap prices. Just ask how old the tank is. Lots of people start this hobby than give it up right away. So there’s some good used stuff available. Amazing how many running tanks are for sale. Everything including fish!! Good luck.

CraiginWales

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Donthemon said:
The problem online is shipping costs ......size and breakable.....
Facebook Marketplace allows you to limit your search to your local area.

MellySalz

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Definitely Craigslist! I just got a 150 gallon for $200.

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Craigslist,Facebook and letgo will have used tanks. Some even with fish .

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I saw this deal too. My wife actually wanted one to replace the 55g. The only set they had was considered “broken do not sell”.

I asked what was wrong and they told me the stand was chipped and they couldn’t sell it because of liability reasons. I asked if I could buy the tank and they told me $200 for it.

So I went for it and they started to back away from it. I asked why suddenly the change of heart. They explained to me that they didn’t want to assume risk if I bought it put it on a stand that wasn’t fit.

I told them how is this different to you guys selling me a 75g? I be the one assuming risk. They eventually sold it to me.

Thought I share it. Doesn’t hurt to ask the stores about it. Especially if they deem unsellable because of a broken stand.

New Threads